Windows 10: Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

Discus and support Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Problem A week ago I was playing a game on my laptop, when it locked up and went to BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (DWV) error code. At first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeanGagnon, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

Problem

A week ago I was playing a game on my laptop, when it locked up and went to BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (DWV) error code. At first I though nothing of it until later that same day when it started to happen within 2-5min of booting up.

Forward 1 week I have wiped everything and reinstalled the OS. I have figured out that it is something do to with the Nvidia graphics driver, as when i try to install any driver newer than 355.98 it instantly crashes to DWV before installation finishes. Drivers at 355.98 or older successfully install, but i get either DWV or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (VSIE) within the 2-5 min of booting. Sometimes during shutdown or booting i get KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (KSCF) with the older nvidia drivers installed.

I can disable the nvidia driver in device manager before the errors happen and my laptop will work perfectly fine. Using the 355.98 driver i was able to successfully benchmark my gpu performance and it passed with similar results that it had always gotten.

Before the problems began i was using drivers around 365-370 without any issues what so ever.

System Specs

• OS - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Version - 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    • System Model - Alienware 17 r1
    • Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
    • BIOS Version - Alienware A16, 6/25/2018
    • SMBIOS Version 2.7
    • BIOS Mode - UEFI
    • RAM - 16GB
    • Display Adapters
      • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
        • Driver Version 20.19.15.4531
      • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M
        • Driver Version 10.18.13.5354
    • Network Adapter - Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260
    • Drives
      • LITEONIT DMT-80M6M-11 mSATA 80GB ( 80GB, SSD, OS installed on)
      • WDC WD10JPVX-75JC3T0 (1TB)

Things Tried

• Use DDU to uninstall nvidia drivers and reinstall them
      • Tried 355.98+ crash before installing finishes
      • Tried 355.98- crash after booting usually within 2-5 min
    • Change IDE ATA/ATAPI controller to Standard/Intel - didnt appear to have an affect
    • reinstall OS again
    • Extract nvidia drivers using 7Zip before installing ( some people reported success doing this?)
    • Boot into Safe Mode - operates perfectly fine
    • Remove graphics card and clean inside of laptop
    • Remove battery and hold power button for 30 seconds
    • sfc /scannow
    • chkdsk
    • dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    • dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • Update windows
    • Hardware diagnostic checks all pass, no bad memory detected, no failing drives, even got the gpu to benchmark
      • was able to start up a game and play for about 2 min before crashes came back

Minidump Files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kj8YG83XH-6GJQoTTnJMJ2nk5nmabp_p

:)

DeanGagnon, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

1. Dpc_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error - Similar Threads - Dpc_Watchdog_Violation Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error

2. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  3. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  4. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  6. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d
  10. DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation and Video_Scheduler_Internal_Error BSOD: I've done a fresh install, and am receiving these errors. Both showed up before, and after the fresh install. It has occurred while playing WoW, as well as while having netflix playing. 64578