Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else??

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, so for a month or so now I’ve been having “rendering device lost”errors on a game called Overwatch. Through help I got on the Overwatch tech... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ba B y D o L L, Nov 29, 2018.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else??

Okay, so for a month or so now I’ve been having “rendering device lost”errors on a game called Overwatch. Through help I got on the Overwatch tech forums, and event viewer, it appears as if my display drivers and possibly my sound drivers are causing the issue.

I’ve done a clean uninstall of old display drivers, updated them, and that didn’t work.

Switched graphics and everything in-game to “Low”, and that didn’t work.

Recently I was told to update my system firmware in device manager…..I did that, and then set the rendering settings to 75% instead of the 140 or 150% it was at. Everything was going great, was able to game with no rendering device error for nearly three hours……until the entire system froze…….and after a couple minutes of waiting I got a BSOD with the code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I’m honestly so upset. This is an expensive laptop that I was hoping I could have for a year or two before problems started, and within a month I had my first BSOD and have had issues on and off since.

I’ve posted on here a few other times with BSOD issues THAT ARE UNRELATED TO THIS ONE, please don’t merge this with old threads seeing as how it's two separate issues………but please feel free to look on my profile here to read the old problems and see if there’s any corelation, but I don’t think there is.

And yes, I have NOT been booted or frozen-out with a BSOD from any other game but Overwatch. But I have had some sound issues on Discord Voice Chat and I have had some random FPS drops in Fortnite a few times but it always corrected itself.

The voice chat Problem on Discord seemingly went away when I uninstalled Sonic Studio Nahmic Drivers......but the problem with OW happens with and without those drivers.

Here is the dmp file, and four screenshots from the event viewer showcases the various errors, from when I got the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD::

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SvaB1U7VyaarR_6fXWgiNjs9EL2M3ONm?usp=sharing

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP

:)

Ba B y D o L L, Nov 29, 2018
  2. zSam Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD help when playing games

Hi, my PC recently got this DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD while I was playing games like CS:GO or GTA5. The BSOD comes unexpectedly in between 5 mins~2 hours of gaming it's really annoying.

FYI I've tried checking system files (sfc scannow), switching SATA/AHCI controllers both Intel and Windows default driver still got the BSOD.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

3. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer prior to this happening?
    Reinstalled Windows and drivers.

• When and how did the issue start?
    After completed re-install.

• Can you send us screenshots detailing the mini dump files and event log?
    1. .dmf file
    2. Event Viewer Error Screenshot
    3. Blue Screen View Screenshot
    4. driver view dump
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    Windows is fully up to date.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve your concern?
    Uninstall all sound and video drivers and let Windows install drivers.

Rehan Saeed, Nov 29, 2018
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else??

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation daily

Those steps are not relevant to me. In those steps it asks to check the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers for iastore.sys in the listed drivers.

I do not have iastore as a driver nor is that the files causing the BSOD.

The driver that is causing it (I got this from BlueScreenView) is nvstore.sys which is listed as the driver for three identical items in 'storage controllers' There are 4 items there. 3 of them are called NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller. Those three
    all list this nvstore.sys as their driver.

I suspect that if I could replace or fix that driver it would solve the issue based on the advice given by Annanya. Does that sound right? If so, how would I go about it?

Dan

Daniel Freitag, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else??

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD After Gaming - Video/Sound Driver problem or something else?? - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD Gaming

2. Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft GameInput causing BSOD or something else?: Hello. Just as I started typing this the laptop died again, so i booted up safe mode to try and reach for the minidump files, which are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V334rEcKYU562ViKA1deaf9_BnbTsiJY?usp=sharingAnd guess what: it crashes also in safe mode, and...
  3. Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound, video and game controllers driver disappeared after 20H2 update: Hi,My Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs drivers completely disappeared after 20H2 update! So now I can't play any sound.I have an Asus Vivobook 15, the update was installed a few days ago first, the same thing happened then. I tried various...
  4. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION problem: Hi! I am having an issue. When my laptop turns on, a blue screen appears saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After a while, it disappears and my laptop works ok. But what causes the issue? I don't like seeing this although my laptop eventually works ok. I have checked if any of my...
  5. No sounds after minutes of playing video games

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sounds after minutes of playing video games: When playing video games, I lose sound after playing it for 10 minutes or so. I need to put my computer to sleep and turn it on again for the sounds to reactivate. I have already manually uninstalled and installed my drivers. Realtek audio drivers causes my microphone to...
  6. Problem with sound and video after awhile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with sound and video after awhile: Hi after playing a video on netflix for a few minutes. It suddenly freezes. When I went to youtube to check. The videos just keep loading and the sound doesn't play anymore. No problem with internet. I tried restarting the laptop and it fixes it for awhile but the problem...
  7. is this a driver problem or something else

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is this a driver problem or something else: After upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 , the HDMI port on my HP pavilion HPE 1230-c desktop no longer works. Other than buying a new PC (not happening) is there a solution?...
  8. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...
  9. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  10. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION whilst watching YouTube videos: Morning y'all, This is a relatively newer laptop that I'm using mainly for work and convenience reasons rather than my normal rig and have been happy with it thus far, however I've noticed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error only when attempting to view videos in YouTube....