Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Guys Ever Since I built my pc ~5 months ago, I've been having this Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code. I've tried a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mohammed Rakayby, Dec 6, 2018.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build

Hello Guys

Ever Since I built my pc ~5 months ago, I've been having this Random BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code.

I've tried a lot of solutions out there with no luck, so I'm open to all suggestions, this is really frustrating me, it happens at least once daily (happend twice while writing this post), it happens while gaming or watching youtube doesnt matter, I'm sure you can imagine how many boss battles I had to re-play in darksouls 3.

Basicly the blue screen is stuck at 0% so I have to manually shut down the pc, no dump files thrown, however I did a forced kernel dump, along with msinfo in the link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jchLKPzjkG8G4afphMI43Kmj-3JYaaJP

All drivers up to date, Bios is up to date.

So again I'm open to all suggestions.

Thanks!

P.S: A quick spec summary:

Ryzen 1600 (stock, no OC)
    Asus x470 prime pro
    8x2 hyperX fury (HX424C15FB2K2/16)
    256gb 970 evo nvme ssd
    1TB seagate Barracuda
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 REV 2.0 6GB
    Seasonic M12II 620 Evo

:)

Mohammed Rakayby, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Multiple BSOD on new Ryzen build

I also got a bunch of BSODs on my new Ryzen build:

*most frequent* MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

*second most frequent* IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I tried everything I could to troubleshoot. Turns out the culprits are not only Onedrive, but also Dropbox. Enabling either one will send my PC straight to BSOD at Windows startup. Do you think the windows update you mentioned also
    fixes dropbox?

Ichigomiruku, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi,

In most cases, faulty drivers are the reason why DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurs. To further assist your issue, kindly answer these following questions:

• What are the specifications of your PC?
    • Is your PC up-to-date?
    • Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD on a new pc build - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD build

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm receiving this error mesg. pretty frequently. I usually notice it while trying to work in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018. PC will crash. It's happened on numerous occasions. On a few occasions, I've had to reset PC. I've tried updating drivers on manufactures website etc....
  3. BSOD's since building a new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's since building a new PC: Hello all, About three weeks ago I built a new PC. Ever since then I have been getting BSOD's. Not very persistent. Usually just during startup. Then the PC restarts and I can use it just fine. I have tried al kinds of things to find the problem. After doing a complete...
  4. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Dear Sir/Madame, I have received a few messages since upgrading to Windows 10 saying my computer needed to restart and that I could find the answer at DPC Watchdog Violation. I have not had this happen while I am using the computer but the message seems to happen when the...
  5. Different BSoDs on New PC Build

Different BSoDs on New PC Build: I built a PC specifically to play No Man's Sky, and it seemed to be working fine. There was a couple of BSoDs before, but I updated all the drivers, and it seemed to be ok. I turned it on today and I'm getting all kinds of BSoDs. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER...
  6. Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation: My pc usually starts up in less then 10 seconds. Sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes which then results in constant freezing once it's started. Then I proceed to shut down or restart my pc and after it's 'shut down' it comes up with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, then the computer...
  7. Multiple BSOD's on new build PC

Multiple BSOD's on new build PC: I have just built this pc Intel Core i7-6700K, EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, Fractal Design Define R4 (Titanium Grey) - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom It was blue screening all through install process but seemed to level out for about 20 mins while I installed mobo...
  8. New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe: Greetings! Recently I built my new pc. Have been having some BSOD issues (ntoskrnl.exe). I thought i had it resolved but i tried to play a new game(BlackDesert) and it popped up again. The minidump is attached. So far i have tried old nvidia drivers(359.06) after removing the...
  9. Dpc_watchdog_violation bsod

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dpc_watchdog_violation bsod: was trying to update win 8.1 to win 10 from the windows 10 tile on ribbon for update. after three or four attempts only thing I could do was boot into safe mode only tried to change boot disk priority setting and brought a previous version of win 7 ultimate then...
  10. New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    New pc build , BSOD ntoskrnl.exe: Greetings! Recently I built my new pc. Have been having some BSOD issues (ntoskrnl.exe). I thought i had it resolved but i tried to play a new game(BlackDesert) and it popped up again. The minidump is attached. So far i have tried old nvidia drivers(359.06) after removing the...