Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I built this PC approximately 2 years ago and I've been having this issue since then. It randomly throws BSOD whenever I'm doing light work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JustRebooted, Jan 31, 2019.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work

Hi guys,

I built this PC approximately 2 years ago and I've been having this issue since then. It randomly throws BSOD whenever I'm doing light work. It usually happens after closing a game and I'm working (Visual Studio), checking email, or using explorer. It has never done it while playing. Sometimes the issue doesn't happen for like a whole week. Maybe not related but, sometimes it restarts itself when I wake it up from Sleep.

These are my specifications:

* Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Processor 3.8GHz 8.0GT/s 6MB LGA 1151 CPU

* G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2400C15D-16GVR

* MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GTX 1080 DUKE 8G OC 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Cards

* GIGABYTE GA-Z270XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel Z270 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

* XPG SX8200 PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 480GB SSD (ASX8200NP-480GT-C) w/ Black XPG Heatsink

* EVGA Supernova 550 G3, 80 Plus Gold 550W, Fully Modular, Eco Mode with New HDB Fan, 7 Year Warranty, Includes Power ON Self Tester, Compact 150mm Size, Power Supply 220-G3-0550-Y1

* Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV Bluetooth 4.2/Wireless AC/B/G/N Band Dual Frequency 2.4Ghz/5.8Ghz Expansion Card

* Noctua CPU Cooler [NH-U12S]

Windows 10 Pro 1809

Notes:

* Never overclocked

* Already uninstalled NVIDIA drivers in safe mode and installed them again

* I removed a month ago an SSD and an HDD to rule out hardware. Only using the M2

* Also removed a month ago the Gigabyte Wireless card to try to isolate. Only using the built in Ethernet port

* I'm planning on running a memtest

This is the OneDrive link for the 3 minidump files from this past week and the MSinfo:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Alho1liXRB5dn30G9iVtHMikjD7w

Do you guys have any kind of recommendations? Any help would be really appreciated.

:)

JustRebooted, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 build 10586 BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Check (enable) it then do Step #5 & test.

The above notwithstanding...

Are you still getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs or...?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 31, 2019
  3. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below article regarding BSOD error and check if it helps.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi Steve,

For us to effectively assist you to resolve the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error, were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?

You will be getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error if the hardware driver is having an issue. Please check the following thread to resolve this:

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while doing light work - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD while

2. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: This is the 4th time in a row Below is obtained from BlueScreenView Code: ================================================== Dump File : 100219-34359-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-10-2019 11:14:48 Bug Check String : Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000...
  3. Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I get a Blue screen of death error maybe once or twice a day, it is labeled as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've ran some minidump file analyzers and one said it was my razer mouse software, so I updated it, restarted the computer, and got the BSOD again. Here is all the...
  4. bsod while installing skyforge dpc_watchdog_violation

bsod while installing skyforge dpc_watchdog_violation: was installing the game and my pc decided to freeze within 2 minutes of the games install, can reproduce the results easily. 73843
  5. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I'm having issues with Win10, i'm experiencing this BSOD, it has happened twice now randomly. The last software change I did was to update my video from this "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit", to this one "radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bit". BEfore the driver...
  6. Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSoD While Gaming DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I primarily use my computer for either gaming or to watch videos. Before upgrading to Windows 10 my computer would be quite stable. After upgrading, approximately one hour of gaming (almost exactly) will cause my computer to either lock up and later produce a BSoD saying a...
  7. BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing

BSOD 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while browsing: So I was browsing stuff on the web and this happens. Anyway, since then I've tried to update some certain drivers related to the issue, however, most of them were already up-to-date. I've ran an SFC scan and nothing came up in there either. Anyhow, specs down below and logs...
  8. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation while streaming

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation while streaming: Hi guys! I've been dealing with this issue for two months probably. While streaming Youtube or Netflix, after a while video and sound freeze for a few seconds and the computer restarts. My computer is a relatively new ASUS laptop with the following specs: i7-6700HQ 8GB...
  9. Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube

Recurring "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" BSoD's only while watching YouTube: Multiple times per day, my ASUS X555LAB laptop BSOD's while watching YouTube. The picture freezes, the audio freezes and gets caught in some sort of a loop, and then the BSOD comes up with the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I asked on a different forum, and they told...
  10. BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...

BSOD - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while gaming, browsing, etc,...: Two or three weeks after moving into my college dorm, I started getting these constantly. And I have no idea why it started. I've updated my GPU/SSD/Wireless Adapter drivers, I'm running on ACHI, I've disabled any other network devices, etc. Still happening within a 2 hour...