Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD, Windbg unable to load symbols

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD, Windbg unable to load symbols in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130 WIN-A82HE7DTDIP-Fri_06_05_2015_172808_86.zip attached PC Specs are in profile :P So I have windbg, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carsomyr, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Carsomyr Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD, Windbg unable to load symbols

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10130
    WIN-A82HE7DTDIP-Fri_06_05_2015_172808_86.zip attached
    PC Specs are in profile DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD, Windbg unable to load symbols :p

So I have windbg, I followed the how to install guide (Using both the win8.1 and win10 SDK, both give the same errors, suggested fixes i tried failed on both) and regardless of what I do I have these errors throughout the console window:

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
    ***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

I tried !sym noisy/.reload which just brought up a whole bunch of HTTP errors and DLLs not found, and .symfix brought up this:

DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: srv*c:\symcache*Symbol information
    DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: cache*;SRV*Symbol information
    DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: cache*;SRV*Symbol information

So I guess what I'm looking for is both a way to get windbg functioning properly and also an answer to what is causing my watchdog violation. I have been running Windows 10 for a while, had 1 watchdog BSOD on a previous Build and now 1 again on this one. No it isn't super frequent but it does bother me!

:)

Carsomyr, Jun 5, 2015

2. BSOD - tcpip.sys failure - anybody smart enough to figure this out???

BugCheck D1, {3c, 2, 1, fffff80c51947705}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FortiFilter.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ipeaklwf.sys

Probably caused by : FortiFilter.sys ( FortiFilter+1ceb )

I think the BSOD issues is resolved.

Here is some article how to configure and analyze with the WinDBG

Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

Regards.

IT Guy Viki, Jun 5, 2015
  3. auggy Win User
    Explorer.exe continuously crashes when i launch a file through explorer

That dump file showed a possible issue with the GooglePinyin2.ime:

Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kernel32.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kernel32.dll

Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\ieframe.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ieframe.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ieframe.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for shell32.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for shell32.dll

Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ole32.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ole32.dll

Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\combase.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for combase.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for combase.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for KERNELBASE.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for KERNELBASE.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for explorer.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for explorer.exe

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for twinui.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for twinui.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for wpncore.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for wpncore.dll

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GooglePinyin2.ime

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GooglePinyin2.ime

Unable to load image C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dll, Win32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for twinapi.appcore.dll

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for twinapi.appcore.dll

Probably caused by : windows.storage.dll ( windows_storage+1c68d7

So try uninstalling Google Pinyin.

I use WinDbg (Windows Debugger) for user-mode dumps.

There is a good tutorial in the following link:

WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10

The tutorial is for kernel-mode dumps however the basic commands are the same for user-mode dumps such as !analyze for basic analysis and !analyze -v for detailed analysis,
    lmvm with the module name to get particulars about the module and lmtn
    to get a list of all modules.

auggy, Jun 5, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

At the moment virtually all W10 BSODs give that output, there's nothing wrong with your WinDBG install. It's pretty hard to debug W10 BSODs at the moment until the symbols are released by MS.

Boozad, Jun 5, 2015
  5. Carsomyr Win User
    I was unaware that they hadn't been released, and that would explain my trouble! I was sitting here like I know I did this right... Well thanks for confirming I'm not going nuts and I guess the thread is pointless until the symbols are available.

Carsomyr, Jun 5, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    Boozad, Jun 5, 2015
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    Ok so now I am slightly confused... According to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/win.../gg463028.aspx The debug symbols for the insider preview are available for download? Which would mean the the symbol server also has these symbols, so why does it return a symbols are invalid error? Is it possibly because the latest update to the symbols was in April and build 10130 came afterwards? (Or i think it did?)

Carsomyr, Jun 10, 2015
  8. Carsomyr Win User

Bumping my old thread, which I think I posted back on build 10130... I still get the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs, which WinDBG finds nvlddmkm.sys to be the culprit (as I expected), and returns "*** Memory manager detected 48 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption." It has happened with each build of Windows 10, and each driver released so far from Nvidia for Windows 10. I posted the problem and the WinDBG results both in the WIndows 10 driver feedback thread on GeForce forums, as well as filling out a feedback form and copy/pasting the results into that. Marking thread solved as I know what the problem is, and hopefully Nvidia remedies the situation shortly.

Carsomyr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD, Windbg unable to load symbols - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD Windbg

2. BSOD Kernel Error 41 Bugcheckcode 292; WinDbg shows missing symbols, unable to analyze it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Kernel Error 41 Bugcheckcode 292; WinDbg shows missing symbols, unable to analyze it...: Been running into WHEA_UNCORRETABLE_ERROR on Windows 11 while playing Roblox Desktop version, here is the minidump for the BSOD.I saw in this post that Patrick Barker helped them with my exact same issue, if you have any idea of how to get WinDbg to have all WHEA-related...
  3. BSOD Kernel Error 41 Bugcheckcode 292; WinDbg shows missing symbols, unable to analyze it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Kernel Error 41 Bugcheckcode 292; WinDbg shows missing symbols, unable to analyze it...: Been running into WHEA_UNCORRETABLE_ERROR on Windows 11 while playing Roblox Desktop version, here is the minidump for the BSOD.I saw in this post that Patrick Barker helped them with my exact same issue, if you have any idea of how to get WinDbg to have all WHEA-related...
  4. Windbg symbol location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windbg symbol location: Hello, I have been trying to use Windbg to investigate a few BSD. I am not a programmer or expert just inquisitive. I have checked online and haven't found the magic link to the symbols as yet. Most posts are 2/3 yrs old. My symbol path in Windbg is...
  5. BSOD windbg help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD windbg help: Hello Im getting random bsod's in windows 10 . I used Windbg to analyze mini dump , but dont know how to read it. So where should i look and how read the debug report to identify cause of bsod.. Thanks submitted by /u/sk2536 [link] [comments]...
  6. BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation

BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation: This is the 4th time in a row Below is obtained from BlueScreenView Code: ================================================== Dump File : 100219-34359-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-10-2019 11:14:48 Bug Check String : Bug Check Code : 0x00000133 Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000...
  7. Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I get a Blue screen of death error maybe once or twice a day, it is labeled as DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've ran some minidump file analyzers and one said it was my razer mouse software, so I updated it, restarted the computer, and got the BSOD again. Here is all the...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (Kernel symbols are WRONG)

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (Kernel symbols are WRONG): Hi guys! First, thank you for all the help you give to the communities. I have an issue and I'm unable to find the culprit. The computer reboot without warning at different time (random) I used osronline.com to scan the dump file, but it says "Kernel symbols are...
  9. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation: Hello I'm having issues with Win10, i'm experiencing this BSOD, it has happened twice now randomly. The last software change I did was to update my video from this "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit", to this one "radeon-crimson-16.3.2-win10-64bit". BEfore the driver...
  10. BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi Please can you tell me how to debug using the attached debug files! And tell me what the error is! Dell XPS 730 Quad Core Extreme @ 3.0GHz, dual GTX560 Graphics, 8Gb Crucial Memory Thanks 33813