Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am using a Lenovo Legion T5 Tower and when I play audio using the onboard Realtek audio, my computer crashes after a few minutes of playing audio.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StormTrooper720, Jul 20, 2021.

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys

I am using a Lenovo Legion T5 Tower and when I play audio using the onboard Realtek audio, my computer crashes after a few minutes of playing audio. When I open the dump file using WinDbg Preview, it tells me the module name is acpi.sys and symbol name is acpi+30bab. Once my computers reboots from the bsod, Realtek audio is missing from my computers sound selection and I have to disable it and re-enable it is the uefi. Other times my computer crashes after signing in, all with a DPC_Watchdog_Violation and having acpi.sys as the module name. If know what the problem is and how to fix it, please

:)

StormTrooper720, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jul 20, 2021
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jul 20, 2021
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

This could be due to hardware failure, faulty RAM or corrupted or outdated drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Anannya Podder in the link below and check if it helps.

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused ACPI

2. What caused this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What caused this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION?: I had a bluescreen and I need help with finding out what caused it.Below is the information from the dump file:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION cause by ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION cause by ACPI.sys: I have a Lenovo T5 tower and I am running windows 11. Every time I open my computer I get a blue screen with the error code of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After this I cant hear anything on my computer. Looking into the dump file it says that it is caused by ACPI.sys, but I don't...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION cause by ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION cause by ACPI.sys: I have a Lenovo T5 tower and I am running windows 11. Every time I open my computer I get a blue screen with the error code of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. After this I cant hear anything on my computer. Looking into the dump file it says that it is caused by ACPI.sys, but I don't...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, guys! I've recently bought a new computer and started encountering DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. I get it not every time, but frequently when: 1. I'm trying to share my screen via Discord. 2. I'm launching photoshop. 3. I'm playing Bannerlord and enter battle mode. 4. I'm...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, guys! I've recently bought a new computer and started encountering DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. I get it not every time, but frequently when: 1. I'm trying to share my screen via discrod 2. I'm launching photoshop 3. I'm playing Bannerlord and enter battle mode. 4. I'm...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Hi, guys! I've recently bought a new computer and started encountering DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. I get it not every time, but frequently when: 1. I'm trying to share my screen via discrod 2. I'm launching photoshop 3. I'm playing Bannerlord and enter battle mode. 4. I'm...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation caused by ACPI.sys: Here is my WinDbg Log:Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1002 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\082421-18328-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by hal.dll + ntoskrnl.exe

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by hal.dll + ntoskrnl.exe: I got this brand new gaming computer. Acer Nitro 5 right after summer. It worked for a good while but now it's getting BSODs with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. recently I got Bluescreen Viewer, and it told me the two files hal.dll + ntoskrnl.exe may be causing the...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION without clear cause

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION without clear cause: Hey guys, Since a few days I'm getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen here and there. I have gotten my first such bluescreen right after I had switched my old Phenom II 4X 945 for a FX 8350. My first thought was that something had gone wrong with the new CPU. After...