Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random.

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I'm on the overpriced Alienware 51m r1 with the 9700 chip and the 2060. I'm on the windows 2004 19041.450 build and I've been battling these blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ATypicalScholar, Sep 4, 2020.

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random.

So I'm on the overpriced Alienware 51m r1 with the 9700 chip and the 2060. I'm on the windows 2004 19041.450 build and I've been battling these blue screens for a while now... What could be the issues?

submitted by /u/ATypicalScholar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ATypicalScholar, Sep 4, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 4, 2020
  3. peggory Win User
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals

Hi TenForums,

I have recently been experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violations at seemingly random intervals.
    It doesn't matter if my computer is idle or in use and there is no specific time when it crashes, sometimes it happens on boot and others it happens after a few hours of use.

I have tried the following:
    Manually updating the SATA AHCI driver
    Disabling Win auto driver updates
    Clean installed GFX drivers
    Force Windows to full shutdown instead of quick shut down
    Unplugged all attached USB devices and left the PC idle (still crashed)
    Used SlimDriver to find and update as many out of date drivers I could
    Run a /SFC scannow
    Run antivirus/anti malware checks

Attached is the crash dump
    Attachment 103038

Here is a Speccy overview:
    Attachment 103039

Can provide more information if required.

Thanks for your time DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random. :)

peggory, Sep 4, 2020
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random.

Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random.

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random. - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash happens

2. Help with Random Crashes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Random Crashes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hello everyone,For the past month my computer has been randomly crashing. I tried reinstalling drivers and when that didn't work I did a clean reinstall of windows. The crashes are still occurring, but now I have a few minidump files and was hoping someone could help figure...
  3. Help with Random Crashes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Random Crashes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hello everyone,For the past month my computer has been randomly crashing. I tried reinstalling drivers and when that didn't work I did a clean reinstall of windows. The crashes are still occurring, but now I have a few minidump files and was hoping someone could help figure...
  4. Help with Random Crashes DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today: I have the minidump files zipped how do you want me to send them on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-happened-yesterday-and-today/8686d2f7-7735-4ec4-902b-9b71794f5dcd
  6. Random crashes still happen

Random crashes still happen: My laptop has been crashing randomly. I already tried an older version for my graphics card. Is it still the same problem? Here are the dump files : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ROMAG_iEqBp60rbP8VxvK9aC7nSoSqUx Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you!...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening again.: So now I have updated all my drivers with driver booster 6 (pro edition) and done the storahci.sys fix. They haven't helped me getting regular BSODs while playing Diablo 3. my minidump file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rlhGw3tDLRWH38fo3bV08VvOcEGdxnbm...
  8. Random BSOD crashes happening

Random BSOD crashes happening: I'm hoping someone in this forum can help me figure out what's happening. I was previously running Windows 7 with no issues but then upgraded to Windows 8 and later 8.1. With both of these versions I got random BSOD crashes every now and then. I upgraded to Windows 10...
  9. DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals

DPC_Watchdog_Violation at random intervals: Hi TenForums, I have recently been experiencing DPC_Watchdog_Violations at seemingly random intervals. It doesn't matter if my computer is idle or in use and there is no specific time when it crashes, sometimes it happens on boot and others it happens after a few hours of...
  10. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I would really appreciate some help with my issues here. This BSOD appears seemingly at random, it can go days without it occuring and it can happen a few times a day. I'm not really sure what seems to trigger it unfortunately. I hope you guys can shed some light on...