Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been getting consistent blue-screens with DPC Watchdog Violation every few days, random times and at different pc tempsHere's what I've tried so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RyanGuerrero, May 19, 2022.

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors

I've been getting consistent blue-screens with DPC Watchdog Violation every few days, random times and at different pc tempsHere's what I've tried so far:Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers also via safe modeUninstalling/disabling Nvidia audio driversSystem restore to a point before the crashesChkdsk /r no errorsMemory test no errorsI have run Driver verifier and it came back with instant bluescreens, and i do have two Dmp files from that.one dump file seems to indicate something about the nvcontainer.exewhile the other apon the second crash mentions dtliteusbbus.sys, however

:)

RyanGuerrero, May 19, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, May 19, 2022
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, May 19, 2022
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors

Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, May 19, 2022
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation errors

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11: Hi,Ive been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error for the past week or so, on and off. Mostly appears when im playing games, ie. Enshrouded but has also occurred occasionally outside of gameplay as well. I recently installed a new graphics card, I was able to play normally...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error - Windows 11: Hi,Ive been getting the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error for the past week or so, on and off. Mostly appears when im playing games, ie. Enshrouded but has also occurred occasionally outside of gameplay as well. I recently installed a new graphics card, I was able to play normally...
  4. Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.: Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.I keep bluescreening with the same error above. I notice it happens when I am playing Roblox but I'm not sure 100%Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3K1ui6bVoh9dCEvGz1jQi9nMosJOJGH/view?usp=drive_link...
  5. Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.

Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.: Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.I keep bluescreening with the same error above. I notice it happens when I am playing Roblox but I'm not sure 100%Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3K1ui6bVoh9dCEvGz1jQi9nMosJOJGH/view?usp=drive_link...
  6. Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR and Bluescreening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC: My PC restarted when gaming and produced a dump file. Opening it with WinDbg, returns the debug info I've pasted below, signalling a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 errorMy PC is a new build with the following hardware:CPU: AMD 7800x3dGPU: MSI nvidia rtx 4080Memory: TeamGroup...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC: My PC restarted when gaming and produced a dump file. Opening it with WinDbg, returns the debug info I've pasted below, signalling a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 errorMy PC is a new build with the following hardware:CPU: AMD 7800x3dGPU: MSI nvidia rtx 4080Memory: TeamGroup...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error when gaming on new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I keep getting BSOD error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I keep getting BSOD error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: This happens when I leave Roblox run afk overnight and during the day, and every time I come home its always on a BSOD errorThe only thing I can think of that's new in terms of hardware is a Philips module that controls lights via Alexa, however that plugs into my eero Wi-Fi...