Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have the minidump files zipped how do you want me to send them on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Melindaladd2, Jul 30, 2020.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

I have the minidump files zipped how do you want me to send them on?

:)

Melindaladd2, Jul 30, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

It happened yesterday

You didn't see a failure in Safe Mode, which might suggest you don't have a hardware problem. But that of course cannot be definitive.

The report is as accurate as it can be. If X happens and kills processing, there's no way you'll get a report generated because all information has been lost by event X.

Imagine you suddenly pull out the power plug and there's nothing to keep power on your mother board.

I've not used Driver Verifier myself..

More possible and different tools:
    Free Stress Test Tool HeavyLoad | JAM Software
    Huge List of Computer Stress Test Software [Used by Engineers in the Rugged Computing Industry]

dalchina, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jul 30, 2020
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

No DVD player works in my computer today, it worked yesterday!

I was using Windows 7 a couple days ago and the DVD player I always use in it was fine, today neither DVD player in my system shows up, just my hard drives but no DVD drives. I did a system restore to yesterday, before a latest update to Windows that
    it did, but nothing happened so I did a restore about 10 days ago and still no DVD player shows up in my drive list. But it was working a couple days ago, I watched a DVD on it. Today it is not working, and I have two DVD players and neither is working or
    even showing up in my drive list. What could be happening?

MartinPodvojsky, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday and today - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happened yesterday

2. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  3. I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated to 8.1 yesterday and today this happened and I cant fix it as the cursor is...: I'm trying to add a picture but it's not working but it's a prompt that covers most of the screen it's purple and says please wait in the middle with the option can cel in the bottom right corner, and also games such as roblox and I tried everything...
  4. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  5. Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth worked yesterday. Today it is MIA: Yesterday everything was working normally. This morning My Bluetooth is gone. It is not in the lower right hand tray. The symbol is gone. There is no option to turn the Bluetooth on or off. Pic below. On the Device Manager all Bluetooth options are greyed out. Pic below I...
  6. DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation crash? It happens at random.: So I'm on the overpriced Alienware 51m r1 with the 9700 chip and the 2060. I'm on the windows 2004 19041.450 build and I've been battling these blue screens for a while now... What could be the issues? submitted by /u/ATypicalScholar [link] [comments]...
  7. This appeared when I tried to start my PC yesterday, and it happened again today. Does...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This appeared when I tried to start my PC yesterday, and it happened again today. Does...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImSoVeryDumb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ez3job/this_appeared_when_i_tried_to_start_my_pc/
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION happening again.: So now I have updated all my drivers with driver booster 6 (pro edition) and done the storahci.sys fix. They haven't helped me getting regular BSODs while playing Diablo 3. my minidump file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rlhGw3tDLRWH38fo3bV08VvOcEGdxnbm...
  9. no sound worked yesterday not today

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound worked yesterday not today: No sound. Worked yesterday not today. hdmi connection works for monitor not sound. TV displays as device for monitor but not audio. AMD not Intel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-worked-yesterday-not-today/07b057fb-8123-4f33-b4dd-8689e0e0c790
  10. Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update - was preparing yesterday but not installing today: So yesterday I get notification from my Windows 10 64 bit Home, that the Creators update was getting ready for me . It gave me some selections to choose, which I did. Then it asks if I wanted to schedule a time, which I did - 8:00 am this morning. This morning came and...