Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening All,I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lethys, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Lethys Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup

Good Evening All,I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't seem to occur on reboots or subsequent cold boots, just once per 24 hours.The PC is new, and I have reinstalled Windows twice. Not exactly sure what software or driver could be causing this? Its really starting to drive me nuts!I've tried a few things... sfc, memcheck, updated SSD firmware, updated MB bios, running the latest windows updates and gfx drivers.I have Windows 21H1, build 19043.1055Please help! Its driving me mad! I would appreciate

:)

Lethys, Jun 15, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 15, 2021
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once per day at first startup - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation occurring once

2. PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Tower desktop PC running Windows 11. The PC has started crashing at seemingly random times, at least once per session. It's happened when gaming and when browsing Chrome. It can run for hours before crashing. The screen freezes and the sound...
  3. PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Tower desktop PC running Windows 11. The PC has started crashing at seemingly random times, at least once per session. It's happened when gaming and when browsing Chrome. It can run for hours before crashing. The screen freezes and the sound...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.: Good Evening All, I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't seem to occur on reboots or subsequent cold boots, just once per 24 hours. The PC is new, and I have rebuilt Windows a...
  5. Getting a BSOD about once per day

Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  6. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  7. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  8. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...
  9. BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors: Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors. Every day when I switch my laptop...
  10. Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange BSOD occuring only once per day with external monitors: Hello, I'm stumbling upon a strange behaviour of Windows 10 on my work laptop. I recently got two monitors: one is plugged with HDMI, the other with VGA. I don't have any docking station, hence the interesting way to hook these monitors. Every day when I switch my laptop...