Windows 10: dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

Discus and support dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an ASUS A17 laptop, windows 11. i recently update my bios to version 323 along with a couple of drivers and ever since then i have been getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Riddhi Bhagat, Dec 5, 2022.

1. dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

I have an ASUS A17 laptop, windows 11. i recently update my bios to version 323 along with a couple of drivers and ever since then i have been getting the dpc watchdog violation everytime i start my laptop. i tried uninstalling the drivers and i did all the solutions listed online, sfc scannow, chkdsk, uninstalled drivers from device managers etc etc but it hasnt helped. can somebody tell me why is this happening? also i dont have an ssd. this error is majorly related to an external device i think and i dont have any external devices attached to my laptop. should i reinstall my bios to a previ

:)

Riddhi Bhagat, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Dec 5, 2022
  4. dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ” and computer is on a reboot loop error in windows 10 please help me

Hi Chetan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing your laptop after upgrade to Windows 10 with error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, we will help you with this issue.

Please be informed us with the following,

• Were able to see any error code along with the error message?
    • Were you able to login in to the desktop?
    • Also, have you updated all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

If you are unable to log-in to the desktop, I suggest you to log-in to safe mode and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode and shut down the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

If the issue still persists, follow the below steps:

Step 2: Check if the NVIDIA graphics card is detected in device manager. If it is detected, update it's drivers and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• In the list of Hardware categories, double-click the category your device is in and then double-tap the device you want. For example, to see your video card, click Display adapters, and then double-click the video
      card name.

• Click the Driver tab, click
      Update Driver
      , and then follow the instructions. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Step 3: If that does not fix the issue, please reinstall the display adapter drivers.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Display adapter.

• Right-click on the Display adapter that is listed and click “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer and download, install the latest drivers from the NVIDIA website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

1. dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help. - Similar Threads - dpc_watchdog_violation start Please

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!: PC SpecificationsCPU: Ryzen 3 3200gMOBO: MSI A320M-A PRO GRAPHICS: Radeon Vega 8 GraphicsRAM: Crucial DDR4 8GB 2666mhzFor almost a month now my PC has been experiencing frequent crashes/restarts which result in BSODs with the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I first...
  3. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!: PC SpecificationsCPU: Ryzen 3 3200gMOBO: MSI A320M-A PRO GRAPHICS: Radeon Vega 8 GraphicsRAM: Crucial DDR4 8GB 2666mhzFor almost a month now my PC has been experiencing frequent crashes/restarts which result in BSODs with the stop code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I first...
  4. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Please help me!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.

dpc_watchdog_violation on start up. Please help.: I have an ASUS A17 laptop, windows 11. i recently update my bios to version 323 along with a couple of drivers and ever since then i have been getting the dpc watchdog violation everytime i start my laptop. i tried uninstalling the drivers and i did all the solutions listed...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP: Hello I get about 1 to 2 blue screens per day, and totally randomly, sometimes 5 minutes after booting my pc with nothing opened, sometimes while working and such. And after using Windbg on it I get this.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP: Hello I get about 1 to 2 blue screens per day, and totally randomly, sometimes 5 minutes after booting my pc with nothing opened, sometimes while working and such. And after using Windbg on it I get this.DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 please HELP

9. Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help! DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION plaguing my laptop.: Hello. I’ve reset my PC with the “Fully Clean Drive” option and partway through installing Windows 10, a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION has appeared. I feel like I’ve literally tried everything to fix this error and this was kind of my last resort. I’ve even gone as far...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION help: Had this PC for a year and it worked just fine until 1 month ago.... so I started studying server management recently and I needed to upgrade my Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Pro so that I can do my homework on Hyper-v and since the upgrade my computer been acting up....and...