Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION random failures most often at cold boot

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION random failures most often at cold boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been going nuts over the occasional system crash most especially at cold startup. I have tried the usual fixes, including SYS SCAN,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RSM2020, Jun 17, 2020.

1. RSM2020 Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION random failures most often at cold boot

Hello, I have been going nuts over the occasional system crash most especially at cold startup. I have tried the usual fixes, including SYS SCAN, DISM, BlueScreen Reader NirSoft, AHCI standard driver, yada yada, no joy. I've been toying with doing a clean install just to get rid of this pesky critter, but I have so much other software installed, I prefer not to do that unless absolutely necessary. I will zip up the dump file and attach if its possible to do so, but see not way to attach it here.

:)

RSM2020, Jun 17, 2020
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jun 17, 2020
  3. JamesBSOD Win User
    Random BSOD on cold boot

Random blue screen of death on cold start, fine after reboot.

There are post from 2010 about this I would just like a more updated version if possible I've installed windows 10 fresh already.

JamesBSOD, Jun 17, 2020
  4. kyle2020 Win User

Cold boot issue, very frustrating!

its from a 100% cold boot. Ill try the overclock thing, and also run some memtest tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I do appreciate it. That USB one seems strange but ill try it! *Toast :toast:

kyle2020, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION random failures most often at cold boot - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION random failures

2. External displays randomly disconnect following cold boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External displays randomly disconnect following cold boot: We have this problem where external displays randomly disconnect. They usually disconnect for good and may not detect. In all cases these displays are off a dock, but I've seen it happen with different models of docks. Some docks use USB-C Thunderbolt 3, one is a recent...
  3. Often connection failures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Often connection failures: Win10 Build 1909 (18363.1139) Compelled to use McFee by ISP (JCOM). It is usually no internet failures. Other wireless devices (Kindle Fire 8 HD) are fine and unaffected. I tried Ping and got three results and then it closed. The three seemed OK. What should I be first...
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation on boot: I stopped using my pc for a few days, came back turned it on and got this error on boot tried repairing it through the repair tool and nothing, can anyone please help? ps stuck in boot loop can’t get to my desktop to change/update files am so confused submitted by...
  5. Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random: Since getting my new hardware and installing everything from scratch I get a lot of BSODs. 90% after a "cold boot" and I have had one earlier while browsing in Google Chrome. Afaik I should have installed all drivers and I have also tried another clean reinstall of Windows...
  6. BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times

BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times: Starting a few months ago, I always get a BSOD on a cold boot, usually a minute or two after Windows boots up. The system would function fine for a certain amount of time before I would get either another BSOD or white, black, pink or other colored screen crashes. The...
  7. Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random BSOD mostly during idle usage - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: So I've been experiencing random BSOD's for a while and I'm not really sure what's causing it or how to fix it. The stop code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, I've not seen any others. Using Blue Screen view it either points at nvidia drivers or ntoskrnl.exe as the fault. I've...
  8. BSOD on most "cold" boots (or first boot after several hours)

BSOD on most "cold" boots (or first boot after several hours): Hi, Here a summary of my problem... I used to run Windows 7 64-bit and decided it was time to upgrade in August 2015. I bought an SSD and an extra 8GB stick of identical RAM at the same time, and then proceeded to do a full clean (from scratch) install of Windows 10 Home...
  9. Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Random DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello, I would really appreciate some help with my issues here. This BSOD appears seemingly at random, it can go days without it occuring and it can happen a few times a day. I'm not really sure what seems to trigger it unfortunately. I hope you guys can shed some light on...
  10. Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game

Random BSOD. Most often when playing any game: Been having this issue recently with BSOD happening most occasionally while playing DOOM, WoW or Heroes of the Storm. Some days there will be no BSOD. Others it will happen 5-10 time in one day. They also happen just while browsing or while the computer is idling alone. I may...