Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by easypeas, May 25, 2019.

1. easypeas Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

Hello,

For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the internet. I have to press and hold the power button to restart.

Today was the first time it went to a blue screen. I didn't notice it freezing this time, it just went to the blue screen with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Here is minidump https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKfJ6TiUf3qgZRwgUTqYoPR16LS5A

and msinfo https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjKfJ6TiUf3qgZRx9N9I4zOqcq5UXQ

Thanks

:)

easypeas, May 25, 2019

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, May 25, 2019
  3. Random Freezes and BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

Hello Matt,

I regret for the inconvenience you are facing with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to unplug all external devices connected to the system and restart the system to check if the issue persists.

Sometimes new hardware can cause blue screen errors. Since you recently added new hardware to your computer, shut down your system, unplug the new hardware, and then restart to check the status.

Many blue screen errors can be resolved by making sure that Windows is up to date. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

I suggest you to Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

Follow the steps given below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      System Maintenance.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      System Maintenance troubleshooter and follow the steps.

I also suggest you to follow the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 25, 2019
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

build and version of Windows, 1703 os build 15063.296

other troubleshooting steps, checked the drivers

tried to update your drivers, yes

What happened prior to getting the error? it just freezes for 20 seconds ish then the blue screen of death

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

one hundred and eightyrhodes, May 25, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing: Hello, On Tuesday, April 9th I started getting some errors when opening a second game or additional program indicating that enough memory wasn't available, and then my game would crash. Yesterday I started experiencing reoccurring blue screen errors that said...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing: Hello, On Tuesday, April 9th I started getting some errors when opening a second game or additional program indicating that enough memory wasn't available, and then my game would crash. Yesterday I started experiencing reoccurring blue screen errors that said...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133 after computer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133 after computer Freezing: Somebody help me, pleaseI don't know why the previous writing was deleted.Blue screens occur about 10 times a day.The code is dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133.The event issue is listed as Risk Step: kernel power 41 63. Bug check code 307Somebody help me!. pleaseI've done every...
  6. Blue screen dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133 after computer Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133 after computer Freezing: Somebody help me, pleaseI don't know why the previous writing was deleted.Blue screens occur about 10 times a day.The code is dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133.The event issue is listed as Risk Step: kernel power 41 63. Bug check code 307Somebody help me!. pleaseI've done every...
  7. Blue screen dpc_watchdog_violation, 0133 after computer Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD preceded by computer freezing, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Happens about once a day. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, although recently it has been while using Brave. I had a similar issue before which would happen while using Firefox or Chrome. I had installed Windows 10 on this machine as soon as it was available - BSODs...
  9. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes. The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys. Please advise! Thanks,...
  10. Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Desktop Constantly Freezing and results in DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My pc usually starts up in less then 10 seconds. Sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes which then results in constant freezing once it's started. Then I proceed to shut down or restart my pc and after it's 'shut down' it comes up with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, then the computer...