Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error, no dump file created

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error, no dump file created in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Computer specs: Windows 10 Pro, update 1909 Intel Core i7-8800K, 3.7 GHz w/ NZXT X62 Kraken ASUS Z370-E GAMING Motherboard 2x8GB Corsair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkBates2, May 24, 2020.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error, no dump file created

Hi,

Computer specs:

Windows 10 Pro, update 1909

Intel Core i7-8800K, 3.7 GHz w/ NZXT X62 Kraken

ASUS Z370-E GAMING Motherboard

2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

ASUS ROG STRIX Gaming GeForce RTX 2080 OC 8GB GDDR6 PCIe Graphics Card

Samsung 970 EVO SSD 500GB Boot drive

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD Secondary storage

Ethernet network connection

Peripherals:

- Razer Blackwidow old model, 2011? -plugged into monitor USB hub

- Logitech G600 -plugged into monitor USB hub

- Blue Yeti microphone, with Audio Technica M50X headphones

- Xbox Wireless Controller USB Adapter

I've been trying to find the cause of a stop code, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLCATION, however when the error occurs my PC does not create a dump file Event ID 161, "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." The crash occurs while browsing the web, watching YouTube, playing games, even when the PC is idle. I've tried many things, here's what I can remember:

- Assure that IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller is set to "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" and not iastora.sys

- Update SSD Firmware AND Driver

- Clean install using DDU NVIDIA graphics driver

- Update BIOS to latest version

- Update ALL drivers from mobo manufacturer's website: Realtek Bluetooth Adapter, Realtek Digital Audio, Intel Ethernet Connection, Realtek Wireless LAN, Intel Chipset The only drivers not installed were integrated graphics due to dedicated GPU and the SATA storage driver because it's iastora.sys.

- Turn off XMP Settings The only overclock on the machine

- Check Disk

- SFC Scan Now

Thanks for reading!

:)

MarkBates2, May 24, 2020

2. Need help analyzing dump file.

If your computer crashes, how can you find out what happened, fix the issue and it prevent it from happening again? You may find the small memory dump file useful in this situation. The small memory dump file contains
    the smallest amount of useful information that could help you identify why your computer crashed. The memory dump file contains the following information:
    • The Stop message, its parameters and other data
    • A list of loaded drivers
    • The processor context (PRCB) for the processor that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (EPROCESS) for the process that stopped
    • The process information and kernel context (ETHREAD) for the thread that stopped
    • The Kernel-mode call stack for the thread that stopped
    To create a memory dump file, Windows requires a paging file on the boot volume that is at least 2 megabytes (MB) in size. On computers that are running Microsoft Windows 2000, or a later version of Windows, a new memory
    dump file is created each time that a computer crash may occur. A history of these files is stored in a folder. If a second problem occurs and if Windows creates a second small memory dump file, Windows preserves the previous file. Windows gives each file
    a distinct, date-encoded file name. For example, Mini022900-01.dmp is the first memory dump file that was generated on February 29, 2000. Windows keeps a list of all the small memory dump files in the %SystemRoot%\Minidump folder.

The small memory dump file can be useful when hard disk space is limited. However, because of the limited information that is included, errors that were not directly caused by the thread that was running at the time of
    the problem may not be discovered by an analysis of this file.

WilliamSuiter1, May 24, 2020
  3. garyinhere, May 24, 2020
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error, no dump file created

error creating dump file during bsod error

Hello!

I checked the event logs.

In the event log there are errors 161 - source volmgr. There are error during creating dump file, but when I used the tool NotMyfault the dump file was created. Is this the hard disk failure?

It was happened many times

Andrzej_RTech, May 24, 2020
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error, no dump file created

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error, no dump file created - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop error

2. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  3. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dump files stopped being created.: I could not get proper help on the Russian forum everywhere it is advised to completely reinstall the system, so I will contact the English-language forum.Somewhere every two days, the laptop began to catch the blue screen of death at startup.I decided to check through...
  4. Dump files stopped being created.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Crashes with dump files. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes with dump files. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I have occasional crashes and I'm trying to find the source of these. I need help to understand these dumps to troubleshoot/update the right driver/software/hardware. I have share three dump files for these crashes. For the most recent crash, I also have a kernel memory...
  6. Windows Crashes with dump files. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes with dump files. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I have occasional crashes and I'm trying to find the source of these. I need help to understand these dumps to troubleshoot/update the right driver/software/hardware. I have share three dump files for these crashes. For the most recent crash, I also have a kernel memory...
  7. Windows Crashes with dump files. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

8. BSODs with no dump file created

BSODs with no dump file created: I get a UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION bsod whenever I'm playing Apex Legends or while using Origin launcher.The the main issue I'm facing is that there are not dump files created after this bsod.I have setup my dump config according to this thread:Intermittent BSODs with no dump...
  9. error creating dump file during bsod error

error creating dump file during bsod error: Hello! I have the problem with the bsod appear with critical process died. The computer has hung. The memorydump file wasn't created, but I could create the manually the dump file using application NotMyFault. I have run the scf/ scannow options on the system Windows 10....
  10. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, need some help with the dump file

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD, need some help with the dump file: Hello. I've been having this seemingly random blue screen error of DPC_Watchdog_Violation. According to various Q&A, I've reverted the IDE/ATA controller driver, and removed most of my other device except for the GPU card GTX1080, using most recent WHQL driver. Here's the...