Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just brought the laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15 and it come with preinstalled Windows 10 1909. Everything was fine until Windows Update it update the os... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lucas Jack, Dec 29, 2020.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.

I just brought the laptop Asus TUF Gaming F15 and it come with preinstalled Windows 10 1909. Everything was fine until Windows Update it update the os version to 2004 and 20H2.

After update to 2004 or 20H2, the windows always BSOD when I startup the laptop from shutdown withError Code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

Things Have Tried-Run sfc/scannow Result 100% with no issue detected.

-Update all the driver to the latest version. Including from the Asus Provided the driver and Windows Update.

-Reset the PC

-Reset the PC using Media Creation Tool.

Although had been cleaned install with the Media Creation Tool, the BSOD still not solve this problem.Media Creation Tool direct install 20H2 for me

InformationIn Event Viewer several issue was recorded.

Event ID : 41

Source : Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event ID : 2

Source : Kernel-EventTracing

Session "" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022.

Event ID : 3

Source : Kernel-EventTracing

Session "PerfDiag Logger" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188.

Event ID : 13

Source : VSS

Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID {4e14fba2-2e22-11d1-9964-00c04fbbb345} and name CEventSystem cannot be started. [0x8007045b, A system shutdown is in progress.

Event ID : 29

Source : Kernel-Boot

Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.

Event ID : 46

Source : Volmgr

Crash dump initialization failed!

Event ID : 161

Source : Volmgr

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Event ID : 6008

Source : EventLog

The previous system shutdown at 6:59:16 PM on ‎29/‎12/‎2020 was unexpected.

I summary out the event that probably causing this issue and NO DUMP FILEwas created after the BSOD although I have set for small memory dump.Things only can be seen from event viewer.

:)

Lucas Jack, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Dec 29, 2020
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.

dpc_watchdog_violation Bluescreen

Hi Duncan,

Conflicts with a third-party program is one of the possible reasons why you are having a blue screen that has the error code, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Have you tried the steps in this
      link
      to troubleshoot blue screen issues?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try running your computer in clean boot and check if it helps. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10. You can follow the steps
    in this
    link

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when boot up from shutdown. - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION boot shutdown

2. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  3. Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, HP Pavilion laptop. Occasionally when I boot up from shutdown not sleep the...: Hopefully the images attach properlyOccasionally when I start up, all of my desktop icons seem to reposition, almost as if I have a different resolution setting. They don't reposition as if I turned on Auto Arrange, they just spread out more and have a different spacing...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on shutdown: Since a few days, it happens that when I go to shut down the computer it stays on "System Shutdown" and then the BSOD screen appears out with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONI tried running a few fixes: - Reinstalling GPU drivers - SSD drivers are updated - Used sfc /scannow...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on shutdown: Since a few days, it happens that when I go to shut down the computer it stays on "System Shutdown" and then the BSOD screen appears out with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONI tried running a few fixes: - Reinstalling GPU drivers - SSD drivers are updated - Used sfc /scannow...
  6. Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION When Waking Up From Sleep: My laptop sometimes gets DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking up from sleep. The BSOD most happened when I didn't plug the power of the laptop. I tried update to the latest Windows 10 and used SFC to scan the files. Here's the minidump and system info of the laptop....
  7. BSOD on boot DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD on boot DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi all, I'm new to this community, I've read a lot of things but in the end today I decided to register because I tried everything and I really don't know what to do anymore. This is my story: I got a new laptop on September 2020, it is an Asus VivoBook X571LH, and...
  8. Desktop self boots up from shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop self boots up from shutdown: using window's 10, i often shutdown my desktop completely but for whatever reason, it randomly boots itself back up. been doing this for a while now, but recently becoming more frequent. I have waken up middle of the night, and hear my computer boot up by itself. I'm not...
  9. DPC_Watchdog_Violation on boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation on boot: I stopped using my pc for a few days, came back turned it on and got this error on boot tried repairing it through the repair tool and nothing, can anyone please help? ps stuck in boot loop can’t get to my desktop to change/update files am so confused submitted by...
  10. Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep

Blue screen error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when waking from sleep: So I just reinstalled Windows 10 a few days ago, since Windows crashed with a different BSOD, and now having this problem. It doesn't always do it when waking from sleep, but it has done it twice so far. It never did this on the other Windows 10 install before. One thing is...