Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC has been working fine up until recent Windows 10 1909 updates where regular DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs occurred. After updating to Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by st16, Oct 7, 2020.

1. st16 Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

My PC has been working fine up until recent Windows 10 1909 updates where regular DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODs occurred. After updating to Windows 10 2004, these BSODs have continued.

Since performing a clean install of Windows, after my registry was corrupted, the BSODs now occur whenever I connect try to connect to a WIFI network. I've tried updating the driver to the latest edition, and these BSODs still occur.

Any ideas for a fix?

:)

st16, Oct 7, 2020
  2. coffent Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

As you suggested, I tried disabling the ethernet adapter and that caused wi-fi to connect, so the desktop wifi does work. Also, I accessed the router and changed the wireless network name (to wfCHS). Thanks!

However many problems are still unresolved:

My laptop behaves just as I want it to. Assuming the router has wifi turned on and the laptop has an ethernet connection, connection to the internet is by ethernet (no private network name), and the wi-fi connection is to my private network "wfCHS", but with no connection to the internet. (If I disconnect the ethernet cable, then wfCHS becomes connected to the internet and stays that way even if I reconnect the cable.) A directory listing shows both laptop and desktop under "Network". Great!

Things are rather different with the desktop. With Ethernet disabled, the desktop shows a wi-fi connection to the internet. Under Settings > Status it's called "wfCHS" but under Network Connections it's called wfCHS2. If I then re-enable the ethernet connection, the wifi connection stays enabled for a minute or two, then disconnects. Further, the ethernet connection is given the name wfCHS2 under both Status and Network Connections.

Why does the desktop give an (unwanted) name to the ethernet connection while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop disconnect its wi-fi connection a minute or so after the ethernet connection is enabled, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop give two different names to the wifi connection, depending on whether it's viewed under Status or Network Connections, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the laptop show the desktop under Network, while the desktop shows only itself?

Things are so convoluted that I'd be happy to start over. I've had the desktop "forget" the wi-fi connection as you suggested, then re-established it, but this hasn't helped. Can the ethernet connection also be "forgotten"?

Really appreciate the help you've given so far!

coffent, Oct 7, 2020
  3. legend383 Win User
    "Can't connect to this network."

I just bought a wifi card for my windows 10 desktop (a tp-link archer t8e) and cannot connect to my network.

I have the wifi icon on the tray, I can get a list of available networks but after entering the wpa key for my network it just shows the message "Can't connect to this network."

Network diagnosis just suggested connecting to a wifi network (why didn't I think of that...), does anyone here have any clue as to what the problem could be?

UPDATE: Just noticed that the wifi adapter is being disabled briefly just after I enter the network password, no idea what's going on.

legend383, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

'Not connected' doesn't necessarily mean the WiFi adapter isn't working, just that you have not yet connected to an available network. If it is working then a list of available WiFi names should appear when you click on the WiFi icon on the taskbar which looks like this
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network [​IMG]
    when not connected.

If the list is empty then either the antenna is not connected to the WiFi adapter or the adapter isn't working. This may be a driver problem rather than hardware, so look in Device Manager for any yellow warnings. Also check that the WiFi adapter is not disable in Device Manager.

Bree, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION connecting WIFI

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network: I have recently purchased a DWA-192 WiFi USB adapter to connect to WiFi and i have installed and reinstalled its latest driver too try and get it to work yet whenever i type in the password to connect to my WiFi network i get the blue screen and watchdog violation error....
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network: I have recently purchased a DWA-192 WiFi USB adapter to connect to WiFi and i have installed and reinstalled its latest driver too try and get it to work yet whenever i type in the password to connect to my WiFi network i get the blue screen and watchdog violation error....
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to a WIFI network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi: AS stated above when I enter the password to my home wifi not others and click next the computer freezes and crashes, looking around I have tried updating the realtek wifi adapter drivers but it does not work, I also have tried resetting network and a couple other things.My...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi: AS stated above when I enter the password to my home wifi not others and click next the computer freezes and crashes, looking around I have tried updating the realtek wifi adapter drivers but it does not work, I also have tried resetting network and a couple other things.My...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD when connecting via Wifi to specific Wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network: My Lenovo laptop was working fine then a couple days ago when trying to connect to a specific wifi network, its completely freezes.Deleted and completely reinstalled windows. And it didnt solve the problem. Updated my WLAN driver and still freezing.Any idea how to fix this...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when connecting to specific wifi network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging