Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, since upgrading my cpu from amd ryzen 5 1600 to 3600, there has been DPC_watchdog_violation BSODs when launching games and sometimes the Steam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by palanoid, Jul 27, 2019.

1. palanoid Win User

DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client

hi, since upgrading my cpu from amd ryzen 5 1600 to 3600, there has been DPC_watchdog_violation BSODs when launching games and sometimes the Steam client software. i found a workaround to just disconnect my external usb soundcard ( Nuforce uDAC 3),and use the onboard solution.
    though i'd like to know is there a fix on OS/driver level to this problem, so i can keep using the usb soundcard. thank you.

:)

palanoid, Jul 27, 2019

2. Steam

Hi Sam,

There are several reasons why you are unable to play the game that you installed using the Steam Client. It is possible that the app is corrupted or the permission settings are not enabled on your PC. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset the
    app.

This process can help restore corrupted game installation files. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

You may visit this
    link
    for the instructions on how to enable app permissions on your PC.

Make sure that you are using an administrator account to launch the app. If you are still experiencing the same issue, remove the
    ClientRegistry.blob file by following the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client and go to the Steam root folder or C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.
    • Look for the ClientRegistry.blob file.
    • Make a copy of the file and change it to a different file name. (for example, copy.ClientRegistry.blog)
    • Delete the original file.
    • Launch the Steam Client and run your game again.

If the issue persists, you may relocate the Steam Client by performing the steps below:

• Close the Steam Client app and go to the Steam installation folder.
    • Browse for the installation files that you would like to move.
    • Delete all of the files inside that folder except the SteamApps & Userdata and Steam.exe.
    • You may cut and paste the whole Steam installation folder to a default storage location on your PC.
    • Launch the app again and make sure to log in using your account.

After signing in, you'll need to change the default installation path for the games that you will install in the future. Here's how:

• Launch the Steam Client and go to the Settings
      menu.Select Steam Library Folders from the
      Downloads tab.
    • You may create a new path by selecting Add Library Folder. All future installations will go directly to the newly created path.
    • Right-click on the newly created path and make sure that it is set to default.

If you are still unable to play your games using the Steam Client, we recommend that you contact
    Steam Support directly for additional solutions in fixing the app and its components.

Should you have any other queries, you can contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Jul 27, 2019
  3. DevinRD Win User
    FIXED / FIX . Steam games won't / don't launch in Windows 10. ( STEAM + WINDOWS 10 Upgrade)

After Upgrading to Windows 10, none of my Steam games would launch. The Client launches just fine, but I could not launch any games successfully.

FIX:

Both the properties for the Client (STEAM), And the Game you want to play, must NOT have their properties set to run in Compatibility mode.

Check the properties for the Client and the Game itself, and Uncheck the box that says 'run in compatibility mode.

Steam> Right Click Game> Properties> Local Files>Browse Local Files> 'game you want to play' > Right Click Properties > Select compatability > Uncheck compatibility mode.

Repeat the steps for The steam client file location. Properties, compatibility, uncheck compatibility mode.

After making sure the settings are adjusted for both Client and Game, attempt to run.

If this does not work, I have also rolled back my graphics driver, and ran the game in administrator mode.

Let me know if this works, I hope it helped. It worked for me!

DevinRD, Jul 27, 2019
  4. j0rdanb Win User

Steam games not launching on Windows 10

Hi all,

I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at all, whereas others just do nothing.

I've already completed all the troubleshooting steps on Steam's website but none of them have actually fixed it. The only temporary fix that works is restarting Steam, but this becomes very annoying when I have to do it multiple times a day every time I want to play a game.

Any help on this problem is greatly appreciated - thanks DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client :)

j0rdanb, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_violation launching games

2. Steam client **** down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam client **** down: Hello i have install about a week ago the latest updates of win11.From Sunday i noitice that the steam client exe close and reopen suddenly itself in second.I contact with steam support.They can not help as there is not any issue with steam itself, as there is no any crash...
  3. Steam client **** down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steam client **** down: Hello i have install about a week ago the latest updates of win11.From Sunday i noitice that the steam client exe close and reopen suddenly itself in second.I contact with steam support.They can not help as there is not any issue with steam itself, as there is no any crash...
  4. Can't launch Black Desert game on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Black Desert game on Steam: so I've been trying to figure out why the game won't launch and checked event viewer.. It only started this March.. I honestly don't know what to do at this point.. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  5. Can't launch Black Desert game on Steam

Can't launch Black Desert game on Steam: so I've been trying to figure out why the game won't launch and checked event viewer.. It only started this March.. I honestly don't know what to do at this point.. - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  6. When I launch a game on steam it says please close before stating this game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I launch a game on steam it says please close before stating this game: Um yes when I launch a game on steam it says please close termdd before starting this game?? Pls fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-launch-a-game-on-steam-it-says-please-close/9a86aadf-eb27-47c6-8c60-201bc89247be
  7. When I launch a game on steam it says please close before stating this game

When I launch a game on steam it says please close before stating this game: Um yes when I launch a game on steam it says please close termdd before starting this game?? Pls fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-launch-a-game-on-steam-it-says-please-close/9a86aadf-eb27-47c6-8c60-201bc89247be
  8. Some steam games will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some steam games will not launch: When I launch some games, they do not open with video; the audio plays but the video is just flashing static that looks like my screen is going to crash. This doesn't happen with every game, just some of them. I don't think it's to do with graphics settings because it can run...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. Steam games not launching on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog violation only during steam games

2. when i launch a game i got a bsod watchdog