Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing CS:GO

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing CS:GO in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Playing CS:GO for around 10 mins on Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8... or 8.1, not sure gave me this error. It does not happen when I'm not playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RNKA, Jun 10, 2020.

1. RNKA Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing CS:GO

Playing CS:GO for around 10 mins on Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 8... or 8.1, not sure gave me this error.

It does not happen when I'm not playing the game, but does always happen when I'm playing CS:GO.

Here's what WhoCrashed told me:

On Sat 2020/06/06 2:50:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060620-5515-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDA20

Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8070B8FA318, 0x0

Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

product: MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: NT Kernel & System

Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2020/06/06 2:50:04 your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: intelppm.sys intelppm+0x138f

Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8070B8FA318, 0x0

Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\intelppm.sys

product: MicrosoftR WindowsR Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation

description: Processor Device Driver

Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.

The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

The CPU temperature was not that high, fan was working normally too. So I thought it was a driver issue.

And I found this thread, Bluescreen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

However, my Device Manager does not show "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" category. Therefore, I cannot update the driver.

Is there anything that I can do?
    And if you know, is this problem unique to CS:GO? Are there anything else, especially games, that trigger this crash?

Thanks! and sorry for my poor English.

:)

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jun 10, 2020
  3. CS-15 AT commands

1) Has this list of AT commands been published?

2) Is there a chart listing the differences among the Nokia Internet Sticks (cs-10,cs-12,cs-15,cs-18)?

3) Do they all support the same AT commands?

4) Has anyone used one of these with Android?

Thanks,

David

dkesselring, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing CS:GO - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION while playing

2. I got multiple BSOD every time I played CS GO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got multiple BSOD every time I played CS GO: Hi, Can anyone advise how to deal with my issue on CS GO, every time I played the games, it will always go to BSOD. its randomly happening and I have no idea which driver or hardware causing it. Here is my system info below: Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version...
  3. CS GO FPS low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CS GO FPS low?: I have a Msi rtx 2070 super ventus / ryzen 5 3600 and the game is installed on a Kingston SSD but still I have about 140 fps in cs:Go although others have double that with the same graka. I found a video that plays the game and the person has the same GPU / CPU. And it has...
  4. So I was playing cs go and this came? I’ve never activated the family settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I was playing cs go and this came? I’ve never activated the family settings.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vedaaen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egwkel/so_i_was_playing_cs_go_and_this_came_ive_never/
  5. Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO

Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO: Okay, this has proven to be a difficult problem for me to solve, and I've tried so many forums you guys might be my last hope. Whenever I play CS GO randomly at times either right when I start, during a match or when I try to close the game CS GO will crash and restart my...
  6. BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation while streaming

BSOD dpc_watchdog_violation while streaming: Hi guys! I've been dealing with this issue for two months probably. While streaming Youtube or Netflix, after a while video and sound freeze for a few seconds and the computer restarts. My computer is a relatively new ASUS laptop with the following specs: i7-6700HQ 8GB...
  7. BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos

BSOD "dpc_watchdog_violation" when playing videos: Hello, As many on the Internet, I have a BSOD when watching videos on Netflix, and sometimes on YouTube (it happens more often on Netflix than on YouTube). I read some threads about it, then I checked my graphic card drivers (there are up to date) and Windows Update,...
  8. BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing GuildWars2, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, In the past I have gotten this BSOD "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" a couple times but recently it has been almost once an hour. I have read through several other threads and gotten the program BlueScreenView and can see that ntoskrnl.exe is mentioned on all of the .dmp...
  9. BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

BSOD playing Hearthstone, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello. I've been having many BSODs while playing Hearthstone. It firstly freezes then the BSOD screen exists. I updated my graphic card driver and others, but didn't change anything. It's usually DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and minidump files indicate ntoskrnl.exe . Any help...
  10. Input lag while playing CS GO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Input lag while playing CS GO: When I start cs go I have 60 FPS and major input lag. I have read that the game DVR feature on the xbox app does this but I uninstalled it and this still happens. Also, there is a little notification at the bottom of my computer that says to activate windows, even though it...