Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 - Hyper V

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 - Hyper V in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I was having DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors occuring on a fairly frequent basis a few months ago with a reasonably new Desktop which came... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SumNerd, Nov 16, 2018.

1. SumNerd Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 - Hyper V

Hi there,

I was having DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION errors occuring on a fairly frequent basis a few months ago with a reasonably new Desktop which came with Windows 10 installed.

I dug around to findout what the error meant and I analyzed the memory dump. No obvious device drivers were loaded into the memory space where the fault was detected so I went through and updated all the device drivers for everything.

This didn't fix it and things so I rebuilt the windows instance. Everything has been good for several months.

Then things start going wrong again. This time I was able to relate to something that had recently changed, namely that I had enabled Hyper-V (as I had before) to install Docker for some development work.

So now I'm here, back where I was with BSOD with the dumps showing that the violations are from memory errors inside the the Kernel (ntoskrnl.exe).

Does anyone have a view on Hyper V as a candidate for this problem and if so, what can I do about it? The answer, turn off hyper v is rubbish but after the next BSOD I get, I will do so and see after a soak period if the DPC violations stop. If that does happen, it's a reasonable candidate for the problem but that's still rubbish.

Any thoughts?

SN

:)

SumNerd, Nov 16, 2018
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Windows 10 - Hyper V - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Hyper

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm having issues with this, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried everything:On Mon 3/18/2024 12:10:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\031824-18281-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8023771E340,...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm having issues with this, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried everything:On Mon 3/18/2024 12:10:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\031824-18281-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8023771E340,...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.: I keep bluescreening and getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code and I notice it only happens when playing Roblox.Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO9DYuo80LqzzPdOQWNuJ706SRVH2tcY/view?usp=drive_link<3...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.: I keep bluescreening and getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code and I notice it only happens when playing Roblox.Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO9DYuo80LqzzPdOQWNuJ706SRVH2tcY/view?usp=drive_link<3...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

7. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello everyone, when my father starts his PC, he gets a BSOD with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". He can't even access the desktop because a blue screen appears immediately after starting. He then receives an error message from the laptop manufacturer on his...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello everyone, when my father starts his PC, he gets a BSOD with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". He can't even access the desktop because a blue screen appears immediately after starting. He then receives an error message from the laptop manufacturer on his...
  9. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Good day to you all, I'm using windows 11 Pro 23H2, on my Vaio SE14 recently I had a BSOD saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133tried WinDbg to analyze I didn't find anything helpful in google.here below is the latest minidump:ERROR: FindPlugIns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dpc watchdog violation windows 10 hyperv

2. dpc_watchdog_violation when using hyperv

3. ネットワークアダプタ hyperv 削除 DPC WATCHDOG

4. hyper-v dump,
  5. windows 10 blue screen hyper-v,
  6. Stop code: DCP WATCHDOG VIOLATION hyper v,
  7. dpc_watchdog_violation nvlddmkm hyper-v,
  8. hyper-v host dpc watchdog violation