Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Please Assist!

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Please Assist! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey All, I built 3 PC's for work and 2 of the 3 are having random BSOD's As you can imagine this is less than ideal on machines that need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BOSHJEACH, Jul 26, 2019.

1. BOSHJEACH Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Please Assist!

Hey All,

I built 3 PC's for work and 2 of the 3 are having random BSOD's
    As you can imagine this is less than ideal on machines that need to be stable!

The issue is consistent - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    I've already spent quite a bit of time doing the usual fixes such as:
    - Replacing the SATA AHCI Controller driver with the default one provided by windows
    - Replacing that same driver with a current one via a driver tool
    - chkdisc of the drive
    - New RAM (already returned when the issue remained)

Here is the link to the dump files from Wednesday. The ZIP contains all the individual files there, so either pull individually or just the ZIP.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ePRrN8jKKqj2kerJNb-tnPzQdpRJB8E2?usp=sharing

And here is the builds:
    Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac AM4 mITX
    CPU: Ryzen 5 2400G
    RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2 x 8GB DDR4-3000 PC4-24000
    SSD: Inland Premium 512GB SSD 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0
    PSU: PowerSpec 650

CPU is all stock speeds.
    RAM on this PC currently set at 2400mhz. I’ve tested higher speeds & lower to see if it fixes BSOD but no luck.
    I assume the culprit is the same on both PC's crashing as they have the same drivers/parts.

Appreciate all help & insight! : ) thank you and will check back often!

:)

BOSHJEACH, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2019
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Please Assist!

DPC_watchdog_violation with windows 10

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This issue could be due to the Windows update installed is corrupt. I would suggest you to perform a system restore and let us know the status. Follow the below steps to perform system restore.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      rstrui
      and hit enter.
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the System Restore.
    Also visit the below link for more information on
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows drivers

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Please Assist!

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Please Assist! - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Please Assist

2. BSOD. Please assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD. Please assist: I recently upgraded from a RTX 4070 to an RTX 4080. Ever since I got the new card, my PC will BSOD after closing a game or sometimes when i am powering off. I noticed it only happens after 2 or 3 hours of play time. Any help would be appriciated.System:Ryzen 7 7700x - CPUASUS...
  3. BSOD. Please assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD. Please assist: I recently upgraded from a RTX 4070 to an RTX 4080. Ever since I got the new card, my PC will BSOD after closing a game or sometimes when i am powering off. I noticed it only happens after 2 or 3 hours of play time. Any help would be appriciated.System:Ryzen 7 7700x - CPUASUS...
  4. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance please.: I have a Code 28 on an unknown device. Restarting doesn’t fix it and I can’t update it. I’ve tried uninstalling it and restarting but that don’t work. Can only connect to certain sites. The device don’t know if the device is causing the error. But yeah I have a device with a...
  5. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assistance please.: I have a Code 28 on an unknown device. Restarting doesn’t fix it and I can’t update it. I’ve tried uninstalling it and restarting but that don’t work. Can only connect to certain sites. The device don’t know if the device is causing the error. But yeah I have a device with a...
  6. Assistance please.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Assistance needed please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assistance needed please: So I finally took the plunge and brought a new laptop, yay so happy. I see that I can link to a wireless display and have a Hisense TV that has the anyview cast feature. I have managed to get it to connect but when it does, it just gives me a blank screen on the TV. I have...
  8. Windows 10 dpc_watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 dpc_watchdog_violation: When i started my laptop this morning it started a little slow but it was fine, but when it was ready to use and i hovered my over the windows butten the screen froze. After a minute i got the blue screen with errorcode dpc_watchdog_violation. Now every time my pc restarts...
  9. Assistance please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assistance please: Ever since i updated my HP 255 G6 Window 10,I have been experiencing black or coloured screen with a spinning dot and sometimes "Your system has an error and we are Restarting for u,search online for error Video_tdr_failure" Please what can i do to get rid of this?...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [Windows 10]: Hello, I get this Error (Blue Window) When I browse, watching movies.. even if i'm not using it. it restarts and shows this error. I'm Using HP NoteBook Windows 10. Need Help. thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update assistant failed install dpc watch dog violation