Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IQBAL HASSAN, Jun 11, 2024.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

The error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - bluescreenHow do I resolve this error?I've been strangely getting this error recently x 2 in space a few weeks, and I'd like to troubleshoot it.Is there any way I can find out what's the culprit behind it? It restarts and works fine but its happened twice in 3 weeks Never had this issue beforeI've updated my bios and windows. My PC SSD is Health is in good condition and good HealthI have minidump files I can attach for ass

:)

IQBAL HASSAN, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Jun 11, 2024
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screens - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screens - Windows 11: Hi all - I'm not very tech saavy so I appreciate any help people can give me. I keep getting random Blue Screen of Death BSOD upon startup of Windows 11. Only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I am told it's probably a driver problem or something but I can't...
  3. DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screens - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation Blue Screens - Windows 11: Hi all - I'm not very tech saavy so I appreciate any help people can give me. I keep getting random Blue Screen of Death BSOD upon startup of Windows 11. Only started happening when I upgraded to Windows 11. I am told it's probably a driver problem or something but I can't...
  4. I am having a asus f15 laptop and it keeps crashing , DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is the cause...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having a asus f15 laptop and it keeps crashing , DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is the cause...: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period...
  5. I am having a asus f15 laptop and it keeps crashing , DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is the cause...

I am having a asus f15 laptop and it keeps crashing , DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is the cause...: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period...
  6. DPC_Watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_violation: Hello,I am currently experiencing issues with the DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. I have performed a factory reset and stress-tested both the GPU and CPU. Although I am in the process of sending my RAM for replacement, I am not entirely certain that it is the root cause of the...
  7. DPC_Watchdog_violation

DPC_Watchdog_violation: Hello,I am currently experiencing issues with the DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. I have performed a factory reset and stress-tested both the GPU and CPU. Although I am in the process of sending my RAM for replacement, I am not entirely certain that it is the root cause of the...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreens: Hello,I have a lenovo legion pro 7 Windows 11The processor is 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900HX 2.20 GHz32gb installed RAM1TB storageIt has been doing near perfectly fine for the past 8 months, until all of a sudden I booted up a game, 5 minutes in it froze and bluescreened...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreens

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreens: Hello,I have a lenovo legion pro 7 Windows 11The processor is 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-13900HX 2.20 GHz32gb installed RAM1TB storageIt has been doing near perfectly fine for the past 8 months, until all of a sudden I booted up a game, 5 minutes in it froze and bluescreened...