Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For those who experience this error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sourav kumar Das, Jun 12, 2024.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

For those who experience this error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. How do I resolve this error?

:)

Sourav kumar Das, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Jun 12, 2024
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. Frequent computer crashes - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent computer crashes - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello,Recently I've been getting frequent computer crashes, typically in the middle of a game. Most of the time it just freezes and restarts but this most recent time I actually got a BSOD. The BSOD said DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and I got the dump file. Could someone please...
  3. Frequent computer crashes - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent computer crashes - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hello,Recently I've been getting frequent computer crashes, typically in the middle of a game. Most of the time it just freezes and restarts but this most recent time I actually got a BSOD. The BSOD said DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and I got the dump file. Could someone please...
  4. Frequent computer crashes - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Repeated BSOD for weeks - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", gives me that message, tells me it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD for weeks - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", gives me that message, tells me it's...: For several weeks I've been having an issue with my PC BSOD'ing, always giving me the same message. There doesn't really seem to be a correlation between what I'm doing at the time when the crashes happen. Sometimes the PC crashes a couple minutes after restart. Sometimes it...
  6. Repeated BSOD for weeks - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", gives me that message, tells me it's...

Repeated BSOD for weeks - "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION", gives me that message, tells me it's...: For several weeks I've been having an issue with my PC BSOD'ing, always giving me the same message. There doesn't really seem to be a correlation between what I'm doing at the time when the crashes happen. Sometimes the PC crashes a couple minutes after restart. Sometimes it...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION WinDbg Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION WinDbg Log: Pease help with random freeze and blue screen startup.******************************************************************************** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-windbg-log/7b4d0d82-0bda-4550-83c2-af48bb644229
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION WinDbg Log

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION WinDbg Log: Pease help with random freeze and blue screen startup.******************************************************************************** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation-windbg-log/7b4d0d82-0bda-4550-83c2-af48bb644229
  9. Random restarts due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - BSODs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restarts due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - BSODs on Windows 10: Hello there!Since around 1 to 2 days ago I had a around 3 to 4 BSODs. All of them with the same "DPC watchdog violation" and saying something about memory dump. As I use an unhealthy amount tabs open in my browser, I thought it strange, but didn't think much of it. Till it...
  10. Random restarts due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - BSODs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random restarts due to DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133 - BSODs on Windows 10: Hello there!Since around 1 to 2 days ago I had a around 3 to 4 BSODs. All of them with the same "DPC watchdog violation" and saying something about memory dump. As I use an unhealthy amount tabs open in my browser, I thought it strange, but didn't think much of it. Till it...