Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting this blue screen error since last May I think. My laptop model is Toshiba Satellite E45W-C4200X. I've already tried a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Karl David122345, Jul 10, 2019.

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I have been getting this blue screen error since last May I think. My laptop model is Toshiba Satellite E45W-C4200X. I've already tried a lot of solutions in the internet and I even had my laptop reformatted. However after some time, my laptop starts freezing again and after a few minutes, goes blue screen. Some days it happens while some days it doesn't. I'm not sure but I think this is because of an incorrect windows driver update since this started happening after a windows update. All of my other drivers came directly from the official Toshiba Manufacturer website so it couldn't be that. Also, a different error once appeared which says "Driver Power State Failure" I think, though that was a couple months ago but I don't see it now. Thank you!

Here's my minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahrg1DU-VsPQkhzCMa9LLiUEEjs8?e=RTvsBQ

:)

Karl David122345, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Jul 10, 2019
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133: My computer blue screens while some games are running in full screen mode. I tried installing different drivers for the video card, using both the newest driver and multiple old versions. It keeps showing a bsod. Any help is greatly appreciated! Here is a link to the dump...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 0x00000133: My computer consistently blue screens with a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with a bug check code of 0x00000133. I am not sure what to do, I have tried updating the driver for the hard drive, and I have even completely formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Windows and have the...
  4. Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.

Getting DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screen Of Death While Browsing.: Hi, I've had this problem awhile now and have tried several suggestions from here. While browsing sometimes the PC will freeze and the go to BSOD with DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I tried everything suggested here...
  5. Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alienware Aurora R4 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Windows 10 - Build 1903: I have an Alienware Aurora R4; with an Intel C600 Series Chipset SATA controller. I am using the latest BIOS and Drivers but get a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION multiple times per day. It is running on a Samsung 850 Pro SSD, also with the latest BIOS for that drive. I believe...
  6. BSoD : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)

BSoD : DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133): I am using Win 10 and keep getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) BSoD at random intervals. Below is my latest mini dump results, can anyone assist. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above....
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION screen freezing: Hello, For a few weeks now I have found my PC will seem to occasionally freeze unexpectedly and completely. Seems to happen while browsing the internet. I have to press and hold the power button to restart. Today was the first time it went to a blue screen. I didn't...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I started having problems and getting this error sometime after 5/12/19 and it may be related to a windows 10 update. I checked drives for errors, etc., and I just did another windows 10 update about an hour ago and it is still happening. Is this happening to anyone...
  9. Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation

Bsod: Dpc_watchdog_violation: I have started to get the above BSOD frequently when I am using my computer. When I let it idle, it's fine, even for hours at a time. When I actively use it, however, it will BSOD at random intervals (~10-15 minutes after startup to about 90 minutes or so afterward). I have...
  10. dpc_watchdog_violation

dpc_watchdog_violation: Hi guys. I have been getting freezes that always result in a BSOD with dpc_watchdog_violation on a computer that I just built. I was hoping someone wouldn't mind taking a look at the minidump files for me. These dump files were generated during crashes that happened while...