Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i already exhausted the information that i know and still not fixed. it started when my computer is in turned off display but the system is still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xJosh2597, Sep 29, 2019.

1. xJosh2597 Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

i already exhausted the information that i know and still not fixed.

it started when my computer is in turned off display but the system is still running and not locked.

i woke the computer display through steam app on phone after i took a break.

the screen froze and gave me the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE error. i restarted the system and went to the homescreen and few seconds, it gaves me the same error code. i restarted the system again but this time, it did not went through the home screen. The screen froze on windows loading then few minutes, gives me the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

-so went to system repair and fixsystem boot up, nothing happens.

-boot to safe mode, uninstall graphics drivers and restart. i was able to get back to the normal boot.

-performed CHKDSK no problems

-performed sfc /scannow = did not find any integrity violation

-also tried to do the SATA AHCI Controller thingy but that option is not showing up on my system so i skipped it.

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION [​IMG]

during the reinstallation of the graphics driver, it already gives me the error message of DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

i tried both old update (may 2018-the one that i used before issue starts) and latest update (September 2019)

-reinstall on normal boot=BSOD during installation

-reinstall on safe mode, reboot ,blank screen=BSOD

so it is working when drivers are not installed or gpu not plugged.

i have searched online to check the dump files that causes the system crash and found 2 things. ntoskrnl.exe, nvlddmim.sys

-performed factory reset both keep files and remove files but it gives me an error that could not reset the system

-i used the final resort which is reinstall windows. without the graphics card.

update it again to latest os version available

-plug back the gpu and reinstall drivers

•update through windows

-no display during installation for 2 hours

-reboot system but stuck on blank screen after windows loading screen

•update via app from providers (both old and new installer)

-no display during installation then BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION)

-reboot system=no display/no response from mouse and keyboard also

rechecked the dump file and what i got is dxgmms2.sys, nvlddmkm.sys, watchdog.sys.

and i dont know what to do next.

i do not have the old dump file but here's the latest one.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmO_ihFlpU1fiA5gW4vcjtcjsUW3

:)

xJosh2597, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Sep 29, 2019
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

2. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, Recently got this blue screen and now everytime I start up my computer it freezes before I can enter my pin to get into my PC, then shuts down and gives me a blue screen with the error code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHere's the most recent dump file:************* Preparing...
  3. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, Recently got this blue screen and now everytime I start up my computer it freezes before I can enter my pin to get into my PC, then shuts down and gives me a blue screen with the error code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHere's the most recent dump file:************* Preparing...
  4. Recurring BSODs from memory_mangament and dpc_watchdog_violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring BSODs from memory_mangament and dpc_watchdog_violation: Recently, I upgraded my motherboad, cpu and ram. Ever since these upgrades, I've had issues with games crashes after about an hour of play and BSODs. I've reinstalled windows and cleaned my C: drive but am still getting crashes. I've tried troubleshooting driver issues and...
  5. Recurring BSODs from memory_mangament and dpc_watchdog_violation

Recurring BSODs from memory_mangament and dpc_watchdog_violation: Recently, I upgraded my motherboad, cpu and ram. Ever since these upgrades, I've had issues with games crashes after about an hour of play and BSODs. I've reinstalled windows and cleaned my C: drive but am still getting crashes. I've tried troubleshooting driver issues and...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I keep getting BSOD crashes for months that have something to do with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop code. Every time it goes to the blue screen, I usually have to press the restart button. After researching the stop code, I downloaded Windows Debugger to analyze the most recent...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I keep getting BSOD crashes for months that have something to do with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION stop code. Every time it goes to the blue screen, I usually have to press the restart button. After researching the stop code, I downloaded Windows Debugger to analyze the most recent...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing: Hello, On Tuesday, April 9th I started getting some errors when opening a second game or additional program indicating that enough memory wasn't available, and then my game would crash. Yesterday I started experiencing reoccurring blue screen errors that said...
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Blue Screening and Freezing: Hello, On Tuesday, April 9th I started getting some errors when opening a second game or additional program indicating that enough memory wasn't available, and then my game would crash. Yesterday I started experiencing reoccurring blue screen errors that said...