Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I have started to get DPC WATCHDOG violation error on Windows 10 repeatedly over the last few days. I have attached the dmp file in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kdon1, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Kdon1 Win User

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Hi there,

I have started to get DPC WATCHDOG violation error on Windows 10 repeatedly over the last few days.

I have attached the dmp file in the below OneDrive location:

Below is the link :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c53hun7vbr1z5sx/AACh5EVT2eC5rRcOP78Kpm81a?dl=0

Please take a look at the file and let me know if there's anything I can do to resolve. Thanks for your help :

:)

Kdon1, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Oct 7, 2020
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation

2. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  3. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing: Hi there,I have a gaming laptop that keeps continuously crashing due to the violation mentioned above and I’m not sure why. Afterwards, my laptop would not recognize my GPU. Please help....
  4. DPC_Watchdog_violation crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  6. HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

HELP with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: For 3 days now i cant seem to figure out why my computer is blue screening, the error i get is DPC_Watchdog_Violation, ive tried multiple ways to fix it but nothing seems to work, does anyone know a fix?here is a link to the minidumps: minidumps mediafire.com...
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONHello, I have been getting this error at random lately. I have a feeling it might be a driver after seeing some other threads in the community. I have no experience with this or looking at the DMP files. Here is a link the files: MP Files.zipThe PC...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: My PC keeps crashing because of a dpc_watchdog_violation. I really don't know what could be the cause it just started today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dpcwatchdogviolation/f85a6aa1-5dea-4bb7-ae42-63c70bb3211d