Windows 10: DPC_Watchdog_Violation

Discus and support DPC_Watchdog_Violation in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; DPC_Watchdog_ViolationKeep getting BSOD DPC_Watchdog_violation...Only happens when the computer sits idle for awhile. If I have the screensaver off it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by l0kiurlocaldvl, Jan 26, 2023.

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

DPC_Watchdog_ViolationKeep getting BSOD DPC_Watchdog_violation...Only happens when the computer sits idle for awhile. If I have the screensaver off it can sit for hours without an issue and runs fine but will eventually give me the error if left long enough then restart. But if I turn on the screensaver it happens after about 10 minutes and completely freezes windows on the BSOD error message at 0%. The real kicker is if I leave it on the lock screen without logging into Windows it wont happen at all. It only happens if I've signed in and it happens faster if the screensaver is on.... I've tri

:)

l0kiurlocaldvl, Jan 26, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi,

It is possible that the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION may occur if the iastor.sys driver is incompatible with Windows 10. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jan 26, 2023
  3. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Jan 26, 2023
  4. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Mattie,

The DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION blue screen error can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues. Now, you mentioned that you already changed the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers to standard. Did you update the driver as well? And also,
    are you getting the same blue screen error when you play other games? Or is it only occurring when you play a particular game?

For the mean time, if you haven't tried any further troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you perform the suggested steps from this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how this turns out for you.

Marque Lor, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

DPC_Watchdog_Violation

1. DPC_Watchdog_Violation - Similar Threads - DPC_Watchdog_Violation

2. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm having issues with this, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried everything:On Mon 3/18/2024 12:10:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\031824-18281-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8023771E340,...
  3. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I'm having issues with this, and I'm not sure what to do. I've tried everything:On Mon 3/18/2024 12:10:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reportedCrash dump file:C:\Windows\Minidump\031824-18281-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x1330x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF8023771E340,...
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.: I keep bluescreening and getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code and I notice it only happens when playing Roblox.Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO9DYuo80LqzzPdOQWNuJ706SRVH2tcY/view?usp=drive_link<3...
  5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.: I keep bluescreening and getting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error code and I notice it only happens when playing Roblox.Here is the minidump file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO9DYuo80LqzzPdOQWNuJ706SRVH2tcY/view?usp=drive_link<3...
  6. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Bluescreening my PC.

7. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello everyone, when my father starts his PC, he gets a BSOD with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". He can't even access the desktop because a blue screen appears immediately after starting. He then receives an error message from the laptop manufacturer on his...
  8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

DPC_Watchdog_Violation: Hello everyone, when my father starts his PC, he gets a BSOD with the error message "DPC_Watchdog_Violation". He can't even access the desktop because a blue screen appears immediately after starting. He then receives an error message from the laptop manufacturer on his...
  9. DPC_Watchdog_Violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Good day to you all, I'm using windows 11 Pro 23H2, on my Vaio SE14 recently I had a BSOD saying DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133tried WinDbg to analyze I didn't find anything helpful in google.here below is the latest minidump:ERROR: FindPlugIns...