Windows 10: DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR

Discus and support DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have performed a clean installation of Windows 10 but run into the blue screen Watchdog error. I was managed to boot into safe mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ibr-am, Jun 22, 2020.

1. ibr-am Win User

DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR

Hi guys,

I have performed a clean installation of Windows 10 but run into the blue screen Watchdog error.

I was managed to boot into safe mode and followed instructions posted around this error here in the community such as IDE driver update but none of them worked.

Then performed hardware diagnostic test using manufacturer's POST tools the results was fine.

Any help please.

Thank you.

:)

ibr-am, Jun 22, 2020
  2. MalathyK Win User

PC often restarts with error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION" error on Windows10

Hi,

For past couple of weeks, my PC abruptly gets restarted (while working on any application) with a error mentioning "DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION". Also, I could feel a system slowness because of this infrequent restarts. Can someone suggest me the reason for
    this issue and how to rectify this?

Thank you,

Malathy K.

MalathyK, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Error: DPC_Watchdog_Voilation and laptop won't start

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Installed on my system and the system won't start after I get error saying "DPC_Watchdog_Voilation".

Systems restart and goes into repairing windows option but after repairing it again gives the same error.

I searched around on internet if there's any solution to this issue and all I could find is solution saying to remove some drivers.

But in my case my laptop isn't starting so how do I remove these drivers? I simply can't.

Tried resetting, repairing and all other options along with installing new windows but these all process fail at some point of time.

Can anyone help me out in this case?

Tejveer Singh, Jun 22, 2020
  4. DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR

PC often restarts with error "DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION" error on Windows10

Hi Malathy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the computer you are using? Does the device come with SSD storage drive in it?
    • Did the device shutdown due to sudden power cut at any point of time?
    • Did you make any recent software/registry/hardware changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Also, do you use any third party antivirus/firewall software installed? If yes, did you check if disabling them makes any positive impact?

Important: You shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done.

Now, in most cases, you will experience
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION
    blue screen errors after you’ve installed new hardware or software. So this error can be a result of incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. As well it can be due to corruption in Windows registry from a recent software
    change.

I suggest you to consider the below important points and check if it helps to identify and isolate the issue.

• Disconnect all the external peripheral devices including any storage media connected to the device.
    • Check for the latest updates in Windows 10 which helps the PC to make optimal use of Windows 10 capabilities as well as fixing any missing links in performance of the operating system.

Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
      Check for updates.

Also, update all the drivers using
      Device Manager
      settings.

Ref:
      Update drivers in Windows 10

Finally, check if you are using the latest version of the drivers available in the manufacturer's website.
    • Turn on your PC in Safe mode with Networking and keep it on for some time to check if the issue still occurs.

Ref: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Additionally, I suggest you to review the below thread in which one of our Forum Moderators,
    Anannya Podder has replied to a similar issue.

Blue screen Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR

1. DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR - Similar Threads - DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION ERROR

2. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  3. System Performance Issues after HSN Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Performance Issues after HSN Error: What isa hsn error and will that slow your computer down. About 2 days ago my computer slowed down so much that is will take about 10 minutes to start and web pages will stop responding. I have Windows 11 and I bought this laptop in Nov 2023....
  4. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  5. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...: ya probe usar estos comandos y sigue sin funcionar, dism /online /cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanupdism /online /cleanup-image /CheckHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /ScanHealthdism /online /cleanup-image /RestoreHealthsfc /scannowtambien probe instalarlo de la forma ISO...
  6. hola, tengo un problema a la hora de actualiaar w10 a w11, me da un error de "se ha...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION: For those who experience this error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. The Bug Check code for this bluescreen is DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION. How do I resolve this error? I've been strangely getting this...
  8. DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION

DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION: For those who experience this error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. The Bug Check code for this bluescreen is DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION. How do I resolve this error? I've been strangely getting this...
  9. DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION 0x00000133: caused by driver "ntoskrnl.exe"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION 0x00000133: caused by driver "ntoskrnl.exe": Sometimes my computer occasionally bluescreens with the code DPC_WATCHDOG_VOILATION. I sometimes also get PFN_LIST_CORRUPT and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT as my bluescreen error code too. After further investigation in BlueScreenView, it said the crashes are caused by "ntoskrnl.exe"...