Windows 10: DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI

Discus and support DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a strange problem, so strange, I was not sure how to characterize it or search for it. Inexplicably, my laptop began displaying some menus as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by jsmith967, May 6, 2020.

1. jsmith967 Win User

DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI

I have a strange problem, so strange, I was not sure how to characterize it or search for it.

Inexplicably, my laptop began displaying some menus as if the DPI was way up to 200%. This does not affect all programs, just some. It also affects context menus when I right-click. Notice how the in the Edge browser, it does not affect the top menu, just the context menu. In the program Scrivener, it only affects top menu, not the window text. I do not want my DPI up this high on my menus. How can I fix this? See below for screenshots of examples.

Thanks for the help!

Windows Version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Monitors: 1080p main external monitor, 3000px2000p SB2 laptop monitor

DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI [​IMG]

:)

jsmith967, May 6, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, May 6, 2020
  3. Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding DPI scaling.

Please be informed that you cannot force a DPI scaling on a particular app, right now there is no option to do that. If you have set a custom scaling level to 250% and if the app doesn’t support, to run the app, you have to disable
    dpi scaling for that particular app.

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. You may right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings” and then click OK.

3. Now check if you can use the application.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 6, 2020
  4. DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI

DPI awareness not working for certain apps

Hello coth,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Please be informed, some desktop applications (except for the Modern Apps) may appear somewhat blurry or crisp sharp when you compare them with other applications on the screen. Also, which win32 apps are you referring to in this case?

In order to provide an optimal experience on high-DPI displays, desktop applications have to detect the DPI of the display that is being used and then scale their graphical elements, text, and screen layout appropriately. Some applications do not implement
    this. In some cases, the application vendor may be able to provide an updated software version that better supports high-DPI displays.

If there is no updated DPI-aware version of the application available, you may be able to alter the appearance of the application.

You can disable display scaling for an individual desktop app in Windows 10. Here’s how:

• In the search box, type the name of the app.
    • Select the app’s tile and tap or click Open file location to open File Explorer on the desktop.
    • In File Explorer, tap and hold (or right-click) the app’s executable (.exe) file and select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • In the Settings section, select Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.
    • Click OK and check with the results.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to DPI settings in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 6, 2020
Thema:

DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI

1. DPI Error: Unknown selective DPI - Similar Threads - DPI Error Unknown

2. photo in 300 dpi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo in 300 dpi: How do i make a photo 300 dpi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-in-300-dpi/8ee47680-790f-4353-91d8-8e7325bee5f8
  3. controller dpi

in Windows 10 Customization
    controller dpi: how do i change the dpi of an xbox controllers mouse on pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controller-dpi/c0d1087f-9d73-43e9-a29c-c5e9eff1c763
  4. How to lower the DPI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to lower the DPI: I'm trying to launch the camera, but the error states I need to lower the dpi. Help me understand how to lower it. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lower-the-dpi/0c806432-887a-4279-aca6-3977ae33ff7a
  5. Changing DPI in a photo

Changing DPI in a photo: I need to change the DPI in a photo that I copied from a website (of my boss). I have submitted it to a publication, but they declined using it because the DPI was less than 300. What program could I use to fix that?...
  6. DPI changing with resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DPI changing with resolution: For a long time I've used the same 1920 by 1080 resolution on my Windows PC. Recently however, I bought a new monitor which had a resolution of 2560 by 1440. I noticed that my cursor moved relatively slower after the switch, and I know that higher resolutions make your DPI...
  7. DPI Settings

DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  8. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  9. Resolution & DPI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution & DPI: I still don't understand this dilemma. I'm working on a 22 inch monitor that has a native resolution of 1920*1080 but there are lots of elements in the Windows 7 x64 UI that is too small even for my vision which is 100% good. I also notice this tiny text phenomenon on...
  10. DPI Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    DPI Settings Not Working: We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The desktop is extended across all 3 screens. I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" settings as follows:...