Windows 10: DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

Discus and support DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am getting this when I try to change the DPI, I am curious cause originally it wasn't like this ( the scale and layout is fixed and cant be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yuan zhilee, Dec 17, 2018.

1. DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

Hi I am getting this when I try to change the DPI, I am curious cause originally it wasn't like this ( the scale and layout is fixed and cant be changed) but it happened after I played a game at fullscreen, namely epic battle fantasy 5. Could this be caused by a virus and can it be fixed? DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered 7b7119b0-3dde-4a73-82bd-200ca689fd1c?upload=true.png

:)

yuan zhilee, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    DPI Scaling issue

Hi,

This can be caused by the changes made on your device. We'd like to know some information to help us isolate the cause of the issue and provide a resolution suited to your concern:

• Were there any changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Is it only happening to Spotify or Discord app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps done by the live support?

In the meantime, you can check this article and see if the troubleshooting steps provided will work
    to help you resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 17, 2018
  4. DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query regarding DPI scaling.

Please be informed that you cannot force a DPI scaling on a particular app, right now there is no option to do that. If you have set a custom scaling level to 250% and if the app doesn’t support, to run the app, you have to disable
    dpi scaling for that particular app.

You may follow the below steps and check.

1. You may right-click the application’s shortcut and then click Properties.

2. On the Compatibility tab, select “Disable Display Scaling on High DPI Settings” and then click OK.

3. Now check if you can use the application.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered

1. DPI scaling fixed and cannot be altered - Similar Threads - DPI scaling fixed

2. How to fix Windows Scaling issues for High-DPI devices

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix Windows Scaling issues for High-DPI devices: DPI stands for Dots Per Inch. It is used to represent the screen or display resolution. You can know the DPI of your laptop screen or monitor in the Display settings. The Surface Pro display is among the high DPI displays. When you use such devices, like Surface Book, Surface...
  3. anyone know how to fix dpi scaling issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    anyone know how to fix dpi scaling issues?: I've reset my PC about 4 times and used a system restore 8, because my dpi always messes up after playing Win32 applications like l4d2. i have a 1360x768 screen but now it says its the same resolution but its scrunched down to but seems like 1200 x700. ive tried driver...
  4. Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway of fixing blurry apps without changing the DPI scaling?: So my issue is that some of my apps (e.g. Audacity) looks blurry on my 14-inch laptop. I tried a few tutorials of changing the DPI but that just makes everything look smaller. Does anyone have the solution to fix this blurry issue without making everything look small?...
  5. Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix): Hi guys, We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are projectors, some are double projectors also some are normal monitors. Each time we log onto a PC with the roaming profile, Windows 10...
  6. Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Roaming Profile Adjusting DPI Scaling (Looking for Fix): Hi guys, We have a roaming profile that we use on multiple pc's however each pc has a different screen size. Some are 4k screens, some are projectors, some are double projectors also some are normal monitors. Each time we log onto a PC with the roaming profile, Windows 10...
  7. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  8. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  9. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...