Windows 10: DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has...

Discus and support DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is an issue that has been annoying me since at least 2019. It goes like this: in some games, like fallout4, risk of rain and more notoriously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mercron, Jan 28, 2021.

1. DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has...

This is an issue that has been annoying me since at least 2019. It goes like this: in some games, like fallout4, risk of rain and more notoriously osu!, my cursor feels like its being dragged around, its very laggy, flicks around when im moving it in one direction and is the oppositve of responsive. There is a stark contrast from the way the cursor behaves outside of those apps (on the desktop, for example) and the way it works on said games. This is not a problem of my peripherals, since this happens with 5 different mice, and 2 different drawing tablets.

This document https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/mouse-input-incorrectly-scaled seems to describe whats happening to me pretty accurately, however, the workaround just doesnt work. Not only is the option "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" gone entirely, the other options on the compatibility tab also dont work. "Override high dpi scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" does nothing aswell. I tried all 3 modes and they are equally as useless. I also tried putting a custom DPI scaling on the display settings, I put it at 100%, 125%, downloaded this program http://windows10-dpi-fix.xpexplorer.com/ ,nothing has worked so far. Im really desperate for an answer as I cant enjoy these games anymore, and I feel like I have tried everything that I could. If there is a fix for this please let me know.

submitted by /u/Mercron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mercron, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Disable High DPI Automatic Scaling

Hello,

What we can suggest to resolve the issue with your DPI settings is by following the steps on this
    article. Please note that these are only workarounds. DPI Scaling issues can be very tricky as these
    can involve multiple PC configuration. You would need to report this on our
    Feedback Hub
    for our Engineers to be notified of the issue as stated on the article.

Update us if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Hi there, I have some games here that I'm having a problem with. In Windows 8.1, 8, and 7 when you get the game to run in fullscreen with the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" unchecked and Fullscreen scaling in NVIDIA control panel, the game
    will stretch to fit the screen which is what I am looking for. Windows 10 keeps checking the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" even when I click on Apply then Ok. The game will run in a fullscreen with black bars on each side.

What I'm asking is, if there is some way for me to make sure that my games run in stretch to fit the screen and to make sure the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" is left unchecked? I've tried different compatibility modes with the same results,
    and as a NVIDIA user Fullscreen scaling is the only option besides aspect ratio and no scaling. Plus I've checked "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs" with Perform scaling on: GPU.

Richard J. Martinez, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has...

DPI Scaling issue

Hi,

This can be caused by the changes made on your device. We'd like to know some information to help us isolate the cause of the issue and provide a resolution suited to your concern:

• Were there any changes to your device prior to the issue?
    • Is it only happening to Spotify or Discord app?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps done by the live support?

In the meantime, you can check this article and see if the troubleshooting steps provided will work
    to help you resolve the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has...

1. DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has... - Similar Threads - DPI scaling makes

2. I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...: I need help my cursor is gone and nothing is helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-my-mouse-cursor-disappeared-and-i/daa4d321-f30c-426c-a1f4-cb6412403bc1
  3. I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...: I need help my cursor is gone and nothing is helping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-my-mouse-cursor-disappeared-and-i/daa4d321-f30c-426c-a1f4-cb6412403bc1
  4. I need help my mouse cursor disappeared and I tried everything to make it come back nothing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has...

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI scaling makes my cursor REALLY laggy in some games- tried everything and nothing has...: This is an issue that has been annoying me since at least 2019. It goes like this: in some games, like fallout4, risk of rain and more notoriously osu!, my cursor feels like its being dragged around, its very laggy, flicks around when im moving it in one direction and is the...
  6. dwm.exe make my games laggy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe make my games laggy: Hey guys! The games start to lag/choppy after a few hours of having my PC on. I noticed that if i restart dwn.exe. then everything is gonna be fine for like 10-12 hours. This is what i tried/found out before finding out about dwm.exe FPS is literally the same before...
  7. When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When you scale DPI up, does it also scale games?: Does it upscale the text and everything in games as well? 81506
  8. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  9. Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Toshiba Laptop has become really laggy: I have done 1 Reset, which didn't fix the problem. I think I even did another Clean Installation. My computer has become really laggy and slow. For example, the Mail app and certain features of Windows 10 such as the Start Menu, Settings app, and Store app have also been...
  10. High DPI scaling

in Windows 10 Support
    High DPI scaling: Hey, I bought a 4k screen yesterday and I have this annoying issue with scaling. In 100% I can't see anything, so the solution is windows scaling. The issue is that a lot of programs doesn't work well with this method and makes the app almost unusable. Example:...