Windows 10: DPI setting for logon screen

Discus and support DPI setting for logon screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This seems to be a simple question, but I haven't found a straightforward answer in here: How do I change the DPI setting that Windows uses on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pirx, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Pirx Win User

DPI setting for logon screen

This seems to be a simple question, but I haven't found a straightforward answer in here: How do I change the DPI setting that Windows uses on the logon screen (say, right after a restart, before a user has logged in), so that it matches the user's DPI setting? The reason I ask is that right now, after I type in my password and right before the screen switches to the user's desktop, the size of the user's avatar and name jumps a little. I think this is because Windows switches the DPI from the setting for the logon screen to the one in effect for the user, and it performs the switch while the logon screen is still visible, which makes for a slightly jarring experience.

I know this is minor cosmetics, but it's one of those fit & finish things where Microsoft just couldn't be bothered to do things right (meaning, switch DPI during the moment the logon screen gets replaced by the user's desktop). Sigh...

:)

2. Is there a way to force DPI scaling?

The native DPI scaling is already properly set. (Change the size of text, apps, and other items is already properly set to 250%.). Some applications, however, disobey this DPI setting. An application (ChemDraw) that I am using is "nominally" claiming to
    be HighDPIAware, when, in fact, the icons are not designed to behave well in high DPI screens (somewhat dishonestly). Is there a way to "force" DPI scaling of an application without changing the resolution of the screen?

MicrosoftUserAnthony, Oct 30, 2017
  3. LMarrano Win User
    Application "memorized" font scaling?

I installed both Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio 2013 on my laptop while using the UHD laptop screen (DPI 200%). Now that I am in the office, using a dock with my desktop monitors (DPI 100%, 1900x1200) both of these programs are displaying some (but
    not all) of the text in a very large font (an example is the SQL Server logon dialog box). It's almost as if these sections of the application are stuck with the 200% DPI setting, even though everything else is rendering okay. I am posting to the Windows
    forum because I don't see a forum for these tools (SQL Server Management Studio is a version of Visual Studio environment), and this only happened when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Display driver is the Nvdia Quadro K1100M, driver version 10.18.13.5382, and driver is confirmed latest version. I am only using dock display connections, laptop screen is closed.

(Hopefully) Thanks in advance.

LMarrano, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

DPI setting for logon screen

1. DPI setting for logon screen - Similar Threads - DPI setting logon

2. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  3. Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon Screen: How to bypass the logon screen in Windows 10. netplwiz no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-screen/5df18666-b060-4d37-bd5b-5322fedebc53
  4. Setting Of Time Format On Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting Of Time Format On Logon Screen: Hello, Use Windows 10 Pro X64 (1909) in English. (The display language of the Windows is English with writing in Hebrew language ability) I have set the area to > Israel The date and time > to Hebrew-Israeli format (24-hour clock) In the Windows itself, the clock appears...
  5. DPI Settings

DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  6. Setting lock screen DPI different from the rest

Setting lock screen DPI different from the rest: Hi, I use a custom DPI of 150% . But I'd like to keep only my lock screen at its 100% DPI/zoom. Is that possible? Please help.. 13091
  7. DPI scaling on the second screen?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DPI scaling on the second screen?: Windows 10 Anniversary... I can go to 150% scaling in PRIMARY and MIRROR but when I use only the secondary screen (it's a TV) the DPI scaling is disabled... why? 63249
  8. 10074 DPI settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    10074 DPI settings??: I cannot figure out where the DPI settings have gone in this version, and google is not helping either. No matter what I change, everything is staying small. Anyone know where they have moved this configuration? 5975
  9. Logon screen?????

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen?????: i haven't seen anything here about the logon screen, but my logon screen is horrible. it is the most buggy thing about win 10 for me, and it crashes almost all the time. i get a flashing screen, and the credentials to logon are hard to get it to accept them. does anyone else...
  10. DPI Settings Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    DPI Settings Not Working: We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The desktop is extended across all 3 screens. I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" settings as follows:...