Windows 10: DPI Settings Not Working

Discus and support DPI Settings Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mscf, Jan 31, 2016.

1. mscf Win User

DPI Settings Not Working

We just got our first Surface Pro 4 tablet in. I'm working on testing it now. For the moment, I have it docked and connected to two 19" monitors. The desktop is extended across all 3 screens. I have the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" settings as follows:

Surface Screen: 250%
    Monitor 1: 100%
    Monitor 2: 100%

Everything looks pretty good. But, when I launch a particular application (our core POS software) it goes crazy. This software won't work with anything other than 100% DPI settings. If you have it set any higher, things run off the edge of the window. But even on main two mounted monitors, everything runs off the edge. Never had this problem with Windows 7. We would just set DPI to 100% and it worked great. Any ideas?

:)

2. Applications on main and second screen blurry

I can't set DPI scaling on both screens since Windows doesn't detect my second screen to begin with even though it works totally fine. So no I cannot set DPI scaling.

Tim van der meijs, Jan 31, 2016
  3. When I start Digital Combat simulator...

Also, there was a dxdiag report. Part of it that stood out to me wasDPI Settings Not Working :DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Not Available

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

Kraken Burger, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

DPI Settings Not Working

1. DPI Settings Not Working - Similar Threads - DPI Settings Working

2. DPI Setting changes in game - MW3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPI Setting changes in game - MW3: My mouse DPI has started to be effected within Modern Warfare 3. Whilst in game I hear a noise that I have an alert to an app or something which I expect to pop up on the screen, but there is nothing to reference why the DPI settings are changing in game. The moment it...
  3. DPI Setting changes in game - MW3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPI Setting changes in game - MW3: My mouse DPI has started to be effected within Modern Warfare 3. Whilst in game I hear a noise that I have an alert to an app or something which I expect to pop up on the screen, but there is nothing to reference why the DPI settings are changing in game. The moment it...
  4. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  5. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue: I'm using an Egonomic Bluetooth mouse and if I set it to dpi 2400, it sometimes slows down and when I reset it, it comes back, but please fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ergonomic-mouse-dpi-setting-issue/b65c88a7-ecc4-4c39-b4f6-02deef2ebb58
  6. Ergonomic mouse dpi setting issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...
  8. DPI setting for logon screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI setting for logon screen: This seems to be a simple question, but I haven't found a straightforward answer in here: How do I change the DPI setting that Windows uses on the logon screen (say, right after a restart, before a user has logged in), so that it matches the user's DPI setting? The reason I...
  9. Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Disable dpi scaling for high Dpi for programs doesn't work.: Hi guys, i really hope that here someone can help me. I'm trying for 2 days to get windows 10 works corrrectly with dpi scaling but nothing. After installation everything is fine but after a while, and some programs installed, something goes wrong. I use rocketdock like dock...
  10. 10074 DPI settings??

in Windows 10 Support
    10074 DPI settings??: I cannot figure out where the DPI settings have gone in this version, and google is not helping either. No matter what I change, everything is staying small. Anyone know where they have moved this configuration? 5975