Windows 10: DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

Discus and support DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My display resolution is 3000px x 2000px, on 200% display scaling, the recommended setting, the system tray appears underneath the task bar, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gong.erik, Jul 30, 2018.

1. gong.erik Win User

DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

My display resolution is 3000px x 2000px, on 200% display scaling, the recommended setting, the system tray appears underneath the task bar, which hides some of the icons. If I lower the display scaling to 150% this issue goes away. Is there any way to resolve this other than lowering the display scaling? Any idea what is causing this random dpi issue?

Ver: 1803

200% scaling:

DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar 1dd51d41-dfaa-40b5-8f5e-4030a10e44c5?upload=true.png

150% scaling:

DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar b56433a9-bf3b-41a7-993e-8dd2c5adeed2?upload=true.png

:)

gong.erik, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 30, 2018
  3. sfeinst Win User
    Taskbar Icons Display Settings List

When I right-click the taskbar and select Taskbar settings and then choose "Select which icons appear on the taskbar", the app displays a list of icons that I can turn on and off to appear in the task bar vs the system tray.

There is an app I use CapsLock indicator, which every time I upgrade to a newer version, adds to this list. So now I have 4 copies.

Where is this list stored and how can I remove items from the list?

sfeinst, Jul 30, 2018
  4. DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

taskbar

Changing icon size on the Taskbar is dependent on two factors. Resizing the Taskbar, Scale and Layout, and Screen Resolution.

Taskbar settings:

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Make sure 'Use small taskbar buttons' is not on.

Screen layout:

Open Settings > System > Display

Click in Scale and layout

Click in the 'Change the size of text, apps and other items then chose a higher scale.

In the Resolution list box, choose a lower screen resolution.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar

1. DPI Taskbar Display Scaling Issue: System Tray appearing under taskbar - Similar Threads - DPI Taskbar Display

2. Taskbar / Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar / Tray: The taskbar has suddenly changed from the way it's always been displayed. Previously all pinned icons were in a single line but they now appear to be spaced farther apart which would account for the two rows.. The tray now shows the word "Desktop" and there is not sufficient...
  3. Taskbar / Tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar / Tray: The taskbar has suddenly changed from the way it's always been displayed. Previously all pinned icons were in a single line but they now appear to be spaced farther apart which would account for the two rows.. The tray now shows the word "Desktop" and there is not sufficient...
  4. Taskbar / Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues: I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried restarting my computer. The top half is simply cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-taskbarsystems-tray-issues/f6c7003c-6a57-4fa5-854f-9a1d4a6fbabe
  6. Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Taskbar/Systems Tray issues: I don't know how to fix this problem. I tried restarting my computer. The top half is simply cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-taskbarsystems-tray-issues/f6c7003c-6a57-4fa5-854f-9a1d4a6fbabe
  7. Display scale, high dpi settings etc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display scale, high dpi settings etc: Hi, i have a laptop with 3000x2000 screen resolution and a 1366x768 monitor, when i use the monitor some apps like Davinci resolve and inkscape show weird zoomed resolutions, does it have a way to plug and play my monitor withouth those resolution issues? using high dpi i...
  8. Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible scaling issue with the taskbar icon tray?: [ATTACH] First off I have set the taskbar to the left side of my screen. Figure 1. Figure 1. taskbar set to the left 9 out of 10 times, the taskbar tray would have a scaling problem preventing the two rows of icons to be displayed side-by-side like it should be. Let me...
  9. Multi monitor DPI scaling issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multi monitor DPI scaling issue: Hi, I've got a 4K monitor and a 1920x1200 monitor hooked up but the current "solution" for separate DPI scaling seems flawed. If I set the 4K monitor as my main display and set it to 200% scaling with the 1920 display set to 100% what seems to happen is that windows...
  10. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings system wide?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable display scaling on high DPI settings system wide?: I have recently started using a Lenovo Yoga 460 for work and the display running at 1920*1080 is completely unusable (far too small for the kind of stuff I need to display on screren). I therefore run at 125-150 % magnification which for the most part works fine - things like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to pin icons to the taskbar for scaling

2. SCALING IN TRAY