Windows 10: Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk?

Discus and support Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; MS REQUIRES you to use their privacy obliterating online account in order to be able to set up family filters in W10. Does anyone else find this to be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Coda, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Coda Win User

Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk?

MS REQUIRES you to use their privacy obliterating online account in order to be able to set up family filters in W10. Does anyone else find this to be completely and absolutely unacceptable? The content filter was a fairly helpful tool. Now MS has removed it from W10 unless you pay their ransom and create an online MS account.
    Has anyone found a workaround other than selling your soul to the online account? Honestly, with all of the things that suck about W8 and now W10 I am considering learning Linux.
    P.S. Don't waste the bandwidth trying to tell me that creating an online account isn't that big a deal. It is.

:)

2. ADDITIONAL LANGUGE

W10 HOME SINGLE LANGUAGE, V 1709 OS BUILD 16299.125 CAN I INSTALL ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE. IF SO EASIEST AND CHEAPEST WAY I AM NOT A WIZZ KID.

TerrySkinner1, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Azuch Win User
    EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

I have done clean installs of W10 on several machines with various hardware configurations. The performance of edge and W10 is consistent among all of them - it is consistently HORRIBLE.

Newer builds have done a little better, but what good is it 18 months later? Microsoft already ruined the W10 name and has a horrendous reputation after the W8, W8.1, and now W10 DISASTERS. They are WAY TOO SLOW fixing bugs and driver issues. They are
    focused on releasing more apps and adding "features' to an OS with a seriously flawed foundation. That's a great way to fix things for your customer base... put lipstick on the pig. In the end its still a pig.

Azuch, Aug 12, 2015
  4. pparks1 Win User

I didn't know about the online account being required for Family Security in Windows 10. My kids have it on their laptop, which is still running Windows 8. I use local accounts on my home machines. I don't have a need for the Microsoft online account.

But in reading about this, i can see the value. They can now use this account as a roaming account, across multiple devices and computers and you retain the settings. As a parent with multiple devices, this is an advantage.

I can see why some people would hate it. I'm not sure I hate it.

pparks1, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Draconian OS W10 putting kids at added risk? - Similar Threads - Draconian W10 putting

2. 32 bit W10 OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    32 bit W10 OS: Short question, can a 32bit W10 OS be installed on a 64bit system ? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/32-bit-w10-os/52835896-bb27-4c34-88b2-700a71ea642f
  3. Adding Windows store to OS

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Windows store to OS: Hi everyone, I installed Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB on my PC, which does not includ Windows Store, can i add windows store to my OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-store-to-os/0213ebe3-4462-4255-aad5-ee8e1ff11e9c
  4. How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to put time limit on use of certain website for kids: As an example I want to allow kid in my family to spent not more then 2 hours per day on youtube. I do not want to block it completely just limit the total time they can spend each day. How I do it? --Thanks...
  5. finger print on os w10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    finger print on os w10: Hi. I had set up a finger print couple of month ago. Then I re installed my windows and all of my data has been removed. now i want to set another finger print but it writes these fingers has saved on other account. I fallowed the orders but when I click on remove the...
  6. Transfer os retail key for w10

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer os retail key for w10: Good morning. I have a desktop with a Windows 10 Retail Key. With a retail key I understand it can be transferred to a new PC having first unregistered it from the current PC. Am I correct in the above as I am likely to order a new PC without an o/s. Thank you 150624
  7. Risk with adding Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Risk with adding Hyper-V?: Is it a risk to add Hyper-V on our local server or does it have any impact? Just an extra tool? Need to convert a VHDX to VHD (file) due to migration to Azure. (Windows 2012 Server R2) 133924
  8. Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft putting my computer at risk: Microsoft Insisted on giving a fictitious computer name something more like an address. when that did not work you insisted that I use 1 nominated by yourselves. In the communications for this it was compromised. I deleted it along with all passwords connected. ever since you...
  9. Risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Risk: I just bought risk from the microsoft store on my pc and now it wont let me install it on my device. Is there anything i can change to make it install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/risk/31de6d96-8c96-4dfe-abff-b30f6ea70d14
  10. Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk

in Windows 10 News
    Router flaws put AT&T customers at hacking risk: Thousands of routers, many of which belong to AT&T U-verse customers, can be easily and remotely hacked through several critical security vulnerabilities. Five flaws were found in common consumer Arris routers used by AT&T customers and other internet providers around the...