Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

Discus and support Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:53 PM.

1. Brink Win User

Source: Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows Defense

:)

2. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Furthering our commitment to security updates

Source: Furthering our commitment to security updates MSRC

3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately: How to fix Cant connect securely to this page in Microsoft Edge unsafe TLS security settings - YouTube

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

4. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Thema:

Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows - Similar Threads - Draft Microsoft Security

1. Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 updated with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft To-Do for Windows 10 updated with improvements: Microsoft recently added list sharing feature to To-Do app for Windows 10, Android and iOS. Today, Microsoft To-Do is receiving yet another update with several improvements and fixes for the reported bugs. Microsoft To-do for Windows 10 has been updated to version...
  2. Draft tutorial how to update tablets short on space

in Windows 10 News
    Draft tutorial how to update tablets short on space: Hi guys and gals, I have prepared a draft tutorial on how to upgrade tablets when space is short. I welcome any (hopefully positive) comments before I pass it to @Brink for possible inclusion in the tutorial section. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs...
  3. MAIL question - How to save as draft?

in Windows 10 News
    MAIL question - How to save as draft?: Please can anyone tell me how to save an email as I am typing it, so that I don't lose the lot if there is a sudden power cut or the prog crashes? I can't find any option for this. Thanks. 15549
  4. four drafts mailboxes in Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 News
    four drafts mailboxes in Outlook 2016: I've set up Outlook 2016 to handle my Gmail account; my Microsoft Office is in Italian whereas my Gmail account is in English, I used the command outlook.exe /resetfolders to put the names of all my various mailboxes into Italian, but for some reason I now have four...
  5. Starting new email app message opens multiple drafts

in Windows 10 News
    Starting new email app message opens multiple drafts: In case there is another thread out there, searched for 2 hours already. Was using Windows Live Mail until recently because it was really buggy. Now when I open a new message, at least 3-5 draft windows pop up on my screen for one click. It was such a problem, I searched...
  6. Outlook email account will not send or forward moves to draft messages

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook email account will not send or forward moves to draft messages: HEllo out there , I am experiencing issues with my Outlook accounts I have two attached a default one for my Microsoft account and a secondary one for my wife. On my new pc with win 10 I cannot send , forward emails the message I get back is they have been placed in the...
  7. Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9

in Windows 10 News
    Run As Administrator w/ Final Draft 9: Hi there, I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and for the most part, it was fantastic. I love the look and feel of it, but there's this one thing that kept being a problem for me: I'm an aspiring screenwriter and like most aspiring screenwriters (and most professionals), my...
Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows solved