Windows 10: Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome

Discus and support Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 for work. Previously, I used Windows 7 (I think) and when I used the sticky note, I could highlight and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by synsera, Jul 29, 2019.

1. synsera Win User

Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome

Hi,

I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 for work. Previously, I used Windows 7 (I think) and when I used the sticky note, I could highlight and then drag by holding down on the left button on the mouse and then placing the selected content into a program in Chrome from the sticky note.

I can't do this using Windows10, I can select and copy and paste, but I really like the drag feature. Does anyone know how to turn the drag feature on or know if this is possible?

I did find a thing online that instructed me to go into the task manager, details tab, explorer.exe, right click and end process tree. File in task Manager and chose run new task and type explorer and then ok, but there was no difference after doing that.

Thanks!!

:)

synsera, Jul 29, 2019

2. the sticky note application.

Hi,

Sticky Notes is one of the default programs for Windows 10. Type Sticky Notes in the search box, then press enter. If you are encountering an error opening Sticky Notes, we recommend resetting the application. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Apps, then Apps & features in the left pane.
    • Locate Sticky Notes, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Sticky Notes

Hi Angie,

There are several factors why your sticky notes may have an issue. It can be due to outdated application or wrong configuration settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried checking the Settings?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you may follow the steps provided by Jaz333
    on this
    thread
    . It will let you use the old sticky notes.

Keeps us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Drag and Drop content from Sticky note into program in Chrome - Similar Threads - Drag Drop content

2. Drag and Drop not working in Chrome on MSI machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop not working in Chrome on MSI machine.: Hello, We use a combination of Lenovo and MSI machines in our office and we are having an issue now where the MSI machines are not able to drag and drop files inside Chrome ie dragging a file from the desktop to Chrome. The MSI machines can drag and drop files in Edge but not...
  3. Can't drag and drop into certain programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't drag and drop into certain programs: [IMG] I can't drag any files into FL Studio, and it looks like the programs is 'locked' in some way There's this shield on my program icon, and it looks like it's related to the problem, since I've never had this issue, and this shield icon there before. As you can...
  4. I lost the contents of a Sticky Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost the contents of a Sticky Note: I use Sticky Notes on a PC with Windows 10 Home, version 1903. I was editing a Sticky Notes note, when the contents of that note were suddenly deleted. I am not sure if I inadvertently did something to cause this, or if it was a bug. In any event, I desperately need the...
  5. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  6. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  7. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  8. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  9. Where are stored data / content of Sticky Notes (Stickies) in Windows?

Where are stored data / content of Sticky Notes (Stickies) in Windows?: Hi! I'm using lot of time Sticky notes for Windows 10 and yesterday my system failed and required was reinstallation. Before I backupped whole system partition and want to find lost data. Can anybody help me where is possible to find Sticky Notes (or Stickies) data...
  10. How to drag and drop programs to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to drag and drop programs to desktop: I'm liking 10 the more I use it. However there are a few problems Microsoft has to deal with. In 7 it was easy to copy a program to the desktop. In 10 I've tried for a few hours and I can't seem to copy a program to desktop. In fact when I find a program I want to save to...