Windows 10: Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

Discus and support Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All previous Windows versions had drag and drop feature on taskbar. But on Windows 11, it doesn't work. How can I enable this commodious feature?I saw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sglbl10, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Sglbl10 Win User

Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

All previous Windows versions had drag and drop feature on taskbar. But on Windows 11, it doesn't work. How can I enable this commodious feature?I saw there are some apps to enable this, but you have to enable it every time you start Windows. I don't want that.Thanks.

:)

Sglbl10, Sep 7, 2022

2. Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar

It has been added to WIndows 11 Beta Channel.

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Sep 7, 2022
  3. Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drag and Drop is now available in Windows 11 Beta Channel.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22581 | Windows Insider Blog

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

4. Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

Drag and drop in Windows 11

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

Taskbar Changes:

• Drag and drop: With Windows 11, Microsoft has re-written the taskbar code in a modern design language, UWP. Hence some functionalities are missing. One of the missing features is you cannot drag and drop to the Taskbar. Microsoft is already collecting Feedback on this, and you can upvote the relevant icon in the feedback Hub and add your voice. In the meantime, you can use Windows11DragAndDroptoTaskbarFix from here as a workaround.

Thema:

Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

1. Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Drag Drop Feature

2. No drag and drop feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No drag and drop feature: So I saw my friend using the drag and drop feature just like in win 10 on win 11.I have updated my windows to the newest version but I still can not use it. Does anybody know how to enable it?...
  3. No drag and drop feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No drag and drop feature: So I saw my friend using the drag and drop feature just like in win 10 on win 11.I have updated my windows to the newest version but I still can not use it. Does anybody know how to enable it?...
  4. Drag drop feature not working in win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag drop feature not working in win 11: the drag drop feature reintroduced in win 11 in 22h2 update is not working on new fresh copy of window installed via iso file, downloaded on 23 July 2023, I have spent nearly 3 hours with support. They do admit the issue, as they were able to do it on their system, but not on...
  5. Drag drop feature not working in win 11

Drag drop feature not working in win 11: the drag drop feature reintroduced in win 11 in 22h2 update is not working on new fresh copy of window installed via iso file, downloaded on 23 July 2023, I have spent nearly 3 hours with support. They do admit the issue, as they were able to do it on their system, but not on...
  6. How to fix the drag-and-drop feature in the taskbar in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the drag-and-drop feature in the taskbar in windows 11?: How to fix the drag-and-drop feature in the taskbar in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-drag-and-drop-feature-in-the/8d243b29-08ed-4cff-b79f-38a5434e9cb7
  7. How to fix the drag-and-drop feature in the taskbar in windows 11?

How to fix the drag-and-drop feature in the taskbar in windows 11?: How to fix the drag-and-drop feature in the taskbar in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-drag-and-drop-feature-in-the/8d243b29-08ed-4cff-b79f-38a5434e9cb7
  8. Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Feature on Taskbar Windows 11: All previous Windows versions had drag and drop feature on taskbar. But on Windows 11, it doesn't work. How can I enable this commodious feature?I saw there are some apps to enable this, but you have to enable it every time you start Windows. I don't want that.Thanks....
  9. Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11: In the previous Window, there is the feature of Drag a file from file to the application but it's not working in window 11 otherwise window 11 is awesome please fix this issue because drag and drop is easy instead of copy or pasting...
  10. Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11

Why Drag and Drop Feature is not their in window 11: In the previous Window, there is the feature of Drag a file from file to the application but it's not working in window 11 otherwise window 11 is awesome please fix this issue because drag and drop is easy instead of copy or pasting...