Windows 10: Drag and drop files

Discus and support Drag and drop files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wayneh, Dec 10, 2015.

1. wayneh Win User

Drag and drop files

Drag and drop files [​IMG]
    when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to.
    Is there a way to turn this feature off ?

IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT. CAN IT BE CHANGED TO HIDDEN OR SOMETHING>?

:)

wayneh, Dec 10, 2015

2. Drag and drop files, I am not able to drag files from the files window to folders in the navigation pane.

Hi Ted,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to do the same using other computers?
    • What exactly happens when you drag and drop to other file explorer windows?
    • Do you get any error message?
    I would like to inform you that there might be a chance that there is some system file corruption. So, I would suggest you to run
    SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect,
    corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

Follow the steps below and check:

a. Right click on the Start Menu, locate and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press
    ENTER
    :

sfc /scannow

For more information refer to this article:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 8,8.1 (this will work on Windows 10 also)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Nachappa C K, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Drag and drop files, I am not able to drag files from the files window to folders in the navigation pane.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Run the DISM tool

• Press Windows + X and select the Command prompt (admin)
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, enter the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
      Exit, and then press Enter.
    • Restart the machine and check if it solves.

Method 2: Perform a
    clean boot

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when
    you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 10, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Drag and drop files

You can try hiding the task-bar to see if that helps. Otherwise you can't hide the ICON.

BunnyJ, Dec 10, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    I'd like to suggest the Copy To and Move To Context Menu.
    You click at the location you want the item to be, and Copy To or Move To options will do the rest. Easy and accurate.

Please use this tutorial
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ve-folder.html

The tutorial is applicable to Windows 10. I use it in my 2 Win 10 laptops.

If you need to know how to use it, please post back. It's very simple.

davidhk, Dec 10, 2015
  6. wayneh Win User
    this pic is of the draging file

wayneh, Dec 10, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    From your screenshot, you already have all the checkboxes ticked.
    If you want to transfer them to another location, right click at one of the file > click Copy To ( or Move To ) > navigate to the location you want > click at the location folder > click Copy ( or Move ).
    That's it. All the files will be copied or moved to a new location.

I have no idea how you get that "icon" you mentioned. Can't help you there.

Note :
    Copy To means you make another copy to a new location.
    Move To means the item is relocated to a new location.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Drag and drop files

1. Drag and drop files - Similar Threads - Drag drop files

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  4. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  5. Drag and drop freezing files

Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  6. Drag and drop

Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  7. file explorer drag and drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer drag and drop: After my last update there is no right pane in the file explorer to drag and drop files. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-drag-and-drop/f2190733-2938-485c-880e-58d172f73f16
  8. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  9. Unable to drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  10. Drag & Drop file increment?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop file increment?: Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented number. (Sorry, that sounds confusing). e.g. drag abc.jpg on c:\ to abc.jpg on f:\. If abc.jpg on f:\ already exists then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 eliminate big icon during drag