Windows 10: Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office

Discus and support Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi - currently working in Windows 10. In former versions of Windows / Office, you could drag and drop files in the Save As dialog box. I use this most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brad Schneller, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office

Hi - currently working in Windows 10. In former versions of Windows / Office, you could drag and drop files in the Save As dialog box. I use this most frequently to archive old versions of a file when saving up in excel, ppt, etc. No longer able to do so in Windows 10. Is there a fix / work-around? Thanks.

:)

Brad Schneller, Dec 3, 2018
  2. UrsGubser Win User

Drag & Drop file icons into file dialog boxes

No, and I apologize for not explaining it better. When you have a file dialog box open (either save file or open file) and then drop a file icon (from an explorer window or the desktop) into that dialog box, on windows, that file is copied to the location
    that the dialog box is - regardless of the actual operation that the dialog box is meant to do (open or safe). In Mac's finder when you drop a file icon into such a dialog box, the dialog box is navigating to the location of the file and from there you can
    either save or open. It's a very handy thing to have if you orient yourself along files and directories.

I found a clip on YouTube that shows the exact feature:

thanks

Urs

UrsGubser, Dec 3, 2018
  3. UrsGubser Win User
    Drag & Drop file icons into file dialog boxes

Hello,

I'm a long-term Mac user who finally took the plunge and moved everything to Windows 10 (this was possible thanks to the Fall creator update). Now, I'm up and running and everything is great. I have the same apps etc. There is one thing that I'm missing
    from Mac's finder and that is the ability to drop file icons into a file dialog box so that the dialog box goes to that directory location and selects the file I just dropped as icon. The behaviors in Windows is that it would actually copy the file to the
    location that the dialog box shows. I really don't understand this workflow. But either way, I'm wondering if there is a flag or a hidden feature somewhere to enable the Mac finder experience for drag & drop. If this indeed doesn't exist - can we add this
    to Windows 10?

Thanks

Urs Gubser

UrsGubser, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office

Drag and drop not working with password boxes on MS Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to drag and drop password boxes in Edge and Notepad.

• Was it working before?
    • Did you check if it is compatible with Edge and Firefox?
    Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office

1. Drag and Drop in Dialog Box Microsoft Office - Similar Threads - Drag Drop Dialog

2. Windows Security Dialog Box Error for Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Dialog Box Error for Microsoft Office Apps: Windows Security Dialog Box Error The dialog box continues to appear requesting password for Microsoft Apps Word, PP, Excel, OneNote & Webex. The password entered is correct for Windows. How do I resolve? Thank You...
  3. Windows Security Dialog Box Error for Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Dialog Box Error for Microsoft Office Apps: Windows Security Dialog Box Error The dialog box continues to appear requesting password for Microsoft Apps Word, PP, Excel, OneNote & Webex. The password entered is correct for Windows. How do I resolve? Thank You...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  6. Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop: When I drag & drop from ay laptop "File Folder" to an external HD, is the information in File Folder lost? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop/10536d09-d925-4c59-95f2-f7f9e92c8499
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  10. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drag and drop dialog box