Windows 10: Drag and drop in Media Player

Discus and support Drag and drop in Media Player in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't drag and drop any files in Media Player. This started as soon as I upgraded. What happened? 41859 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Morgan1969, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Drag and drop in Media Player

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't drag and drop any files in Media Player. This started as soon as I upgraded. What happened?

:)

Morgan1969, Feb 23, 2016

2. Windows Media Player 'cast to device' does not work on playlists - windows 10

Hi Nick,

Just wondering if you have drag and drop functionality - i.e. can you drag a song/playlist from media player into the 'cast to device' window? I'm wondering if this is just my PC, or whether this functionality been broken with the advent of windows 10.....

Note that I can drag and drop media from windows explorer into the 'cast to device window', but I cannot drag and drop songs from media player into the cast to window.

Drag and drop in Media Player [​IMG]

Jason-JPJI, Feb 23, 2016
  3. I am new, how do I transfer music from Ovi Player on PC to my mobile phone?

I have now solved this problem. I either transfer by dragging files into Mass Media or by using sync in Windows Media Centre or by using Ovi Player and dragging and dropping content there although there is no syn in the Ovi Player. It is easy when you know
    how!

idkwia---01, Feb 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Drag and drop in Media Player

Hello, welcome to tenforums, and the wonders and peculiarities of the somewhat immature Win 10.

It may depend where you're trying to drop them, as you haven't specified that.

For example, this works

But this doesn't, for me.

dalchina, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

Drag and drop in Media Player

1. Drag and drop in Media Player - Similar Threads - Drag drop Media

2. In Windows Media Player in Windows 11, is there a way to drag and drop songs directly from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows Media Player in Windows 11, is there a way to drag and drop songs directly from...: Windows Media Player in Windows 11 doesn't seem to allow you to drag and drop songs directly from folders in File Explorer as I could in the older versions of Media Player. Is there a way to drag and drop songs directly from folders in File Explorer or as an alternative sort...
  3. In Windows Media Player in Windows 11, is there a way to drag and drop songs directly from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Windows Media Player in Windows 11, is there a way to drag and drop songs directly from...: Windows Media Player in Windows 11 doesn't seem to allow you to drag and drop songs directly from folders in File Explorer as I could in the older versions of Media Player. Is there a way to drag and drop songs directly from folders in File Explorer or as an alternative sort...
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  6. Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop: When I drag & drop from ay laptop "File Folder" to an external HD, is the information in File Folder lost? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop/10536d09-d925-4c59-95f2-f7f9e92c8499
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  10. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...