Windows 10: Drag and Drop in MS Edge

Discus and support Drag and Drop in MS Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I see quite a few persons have complained that MS Edge does not allow one to drag and drop a URL onto say the desktop. I personally have no issues... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Geoff Daniell, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Drag and Drop in MS Edge

I see quite a few persons have complained that MS Edge does not allow one to drag and drop a URL onto say the desktop.

I personally have no issues with it, but am trying to understand the reason why the alternatives to do this in MS Edge are relatively complicated when compared to what can be done in other browsers. I have reviewed the tutorials on the subject that I could find.

best

Geoff

:)

Geoff Daniell, Jun 22, 2016
  2. TJMac Win User

How to import IE Favorites into EDGE

Had same issue. MS needs to have a drag and drop so you can either open both browsers and move them, or drag and drop the favorites from a folder on the hard drive into the Edge Favorites window.

Or have the Edge favorites folder visible in Explorer and copy the favorites into that folder as I did with Vista and W7.

Major drawback.

TJMac, Jun 22, 2016
  3. It is now March of 2017. Microsoft Edge still does not allow drag and drop to desttop. All answer seem be in 2015. How about an update to to this q

When will there be an answer to the long awaited ms edge to allow drag and drop to desktop. It is now March of 2017. The latest info I can is from 2015!

francestmeyers, Jun 22, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Drag and Drop in MS Edge

Well, the short answer is "Because Microsoft hasn't yet written the code to do it".

The longer answer is that Edge is a Universal app, and as such has certain restrictions on what it can do. Universal apps don't use traditional ".lnk" files, which is what would have to be generated to create the shortcut. This also means that .lnk files cannot point to universal apps. This is also why the start menu doesn't have an easy way to drag and drop icons like the old menu, and you can't just go to a location in the filesystem to get access to shortcuts to these kinds of apps.

In general, shortcuts as we know them will eventually go away.

Mystere, Jun 22, 2016
  5. Thank you for the response. more to work through an understand.

Geoff Daniell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Drag and Drop in MS Edge

1. Drag and Drop in MS Edge - Similar Threads - Drag Drop Edge

2. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop: When I drag & drop from ay laptop "File Folder" to an external HD, is the information in File Folder lost? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop/10536d09-d925-4c59-95f2-f7f9e92c8499
  5. Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium - Drag and drop to collections?: Small thing, maybe.. But is it just me or does it not work to drag and drop a link to Collections? It shows the little blue bar, indicating where the link will end up, but when I drop it there nothing happens. I'm hoping this is a bug that will get fixed, and not that drag...
  6. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  8. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  9. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...
  10. Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge.: Cant drag and drop favorites in Edge. Is it even possible? Thanks. 87479

Users found this page by searching for:

1. primeng drag and drop ms edge