Windows 10: Drag and Drop music files onto MPC

Discus and support Drag and Drop music files onto MPC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, So I am used to the old feature of Windows XP/Windows 7 etc where you could just drag a music/video file onto the MPC (I use Media Player Classic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by longhorn, Mar 9, 2018.

1. longhorn Win User

Drag and Drop music files onto MPC

Hi, So I am used to the old feature of Windows XP/Windows 7 etc where you could just drag a music/video file onto the MPC (I use Media Player Classic but this was true for all other players for the most part on those systems) but when I try to drag a file to the player, it wont let me and it wont work? Any work around to this?

Thanks

:)

longhorn, Mar 9, 2018
  2. [dr] Win User

Nokia 700 - Music player and Ovi Suite problems

Hello. I had some issues with music meta data on the Nokia 700 when dragging and dropping the files onto the memory card directly. The solution for me was to remove the files from the phone, and then sync music to phone using Nokia Suite rather than dragging
    and dropping.

[dr], Mar 9, 2018
  3. Trouble syncing music library (N8)

Drag and drop will work fine in mass storage mode (look for F Drive, that will be your memory card) or even simpler, put the card in the computer and simply drag the music files onto it , then put it back in the N8 and refresh music library !!

carman58---01, Mar 9, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

If you want to use Windows Media Player thus, then click the bottom right button:

Drag and Drop music files onto MPC [​IMG]

to get this:

Drag 'n drop to play works with that.
    Not very pretty, though (just my opinion!)

Or use a 3rd party player- Winamp supports drag 'n drop (for example):

dalchina, Mar 9, 2018
  5. longhorn Win User
    thanks, any way to get it to work with other media players I am using the K Lite Codec Pack and MPC (Media Player Classic) used to work in 7 but not in 10. also got music bee, not sure if that works either. Thanks

longhorn, Mar 9, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I don't have either of those. But drag 'n drop works with VLC & Zoom player too...

dalchina, Mar 9, 2018
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Mar 9, 2018
  8. klcp Win User

K-Lite does provide several benefits. The most important one being that it actually contains the latest version of MPC-HC (1.7.15 atm) and the latest version of LAV Filters (which is what MPC-HC uses internally). What you downloaded is outdated.

The installer also handles file associations much better than what MPC-HC can do from its options.

The Standard version of K-Lite is basically just MPC-HC + Madvr + Icaros. So it isn't bloated like some uninformed people seem to think. Madvr is a video renderer with high quality scaling algorithms. Icaros is for thumbnails in Explorer. All optional and customizable.

Drag&drop works fine here with MPC-HC from K-Lite. Perhaps you are accidentally running MPC-HC as admin (through Windows compatibility settings). That breaks drag&drops.

9. Edwin New Member
    Drag N Drop works fine with MPC-BE...

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Drag and Drop music files onto MPC - Similar Threads - Drag Drop music

2. Drag and drop freezing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop freezing files: Same problem as hereNew tab reddit.comWhat i do:1 Repair windows files2 Recovery windows3 update windows4 Reset windows5 Custon install windows6 Full wipe and then install windows.7 Full clean install and then reset for "factory" windows...NOTHING... Please help...
  3. Drag & drop onto a program open in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag & drop onto a program open in the taskbar: Hi, Does anyone have any idea why Microsoft removed the ability to drag and drop onto a program on the Taskbar in Win11? for example, a file onto an open email? That's a huge takeaway! Do they have plans to fix the problem?...
  4. Drag & drop onto a program open in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag & drop onto a program open in the taskbar: Hi, Does anyone have any idea why Microsoft removed the ability to drag and drop onto a program on the Taskbar in Win11? for example, a file onto an open email? That's a huge takeaway! Do they have plans to fix the problem?...
  5. Windows Wont Let Me Drag And Drop My Music Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Wont Let Me Drag And Drop My Music Files: Im trying to drag and drop two .mp3 files so i can play music in GTAV. I changed permissions to the main account, and everyone. still says that i need access to the User Music Folder...
  6. Windows Wont Let Me Drag And Drop My Music Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Wont Let Me Drag And Drop My Music Files: Im trying to drag and drop two .mp3 files so i can play music in GTAV. I changed permissions to the main account, and everyone. still says that i need access to the User Music Folder...
  7. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  8. Unable to drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to drag and drop files: I use MacOS Catalina 10.15. and have an issue with drag and drop files into the OneDrive sidebar folder in Finder. I've given access to my entire disk in Security & Privacy, but it still won't work. Any suggestions?...
  9. Drag & Drop file increment?

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag & Drop file increment?: Is there a way I can change the behaviour of drag and drop files in file explorer so that if the file exists its filename is extended by an incremented number. (Sorry, that sounds confusing). e.g. drag abc.jpg on c:\ to abc.jpg on f:\. If abc.jpg on f:\ already exists then...
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....