Windows 10: Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.

Discus and support Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have USB3 Blu ray burner. Using windows 10 explorer I drag and drop MP4 files. I the "transfer app" starts up each time and shows the file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeemerBiker, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.

I have USB3 Blu ray burner. Using windows 10 explorer I drag and drop MP4 files. I the "transfer app" starts up each time and shows the file is "scheduled" to be burned but if I click on properties the disk shows no files ands states that 22.5gb is totally free. It would be nice to know how much space I left but it seems I have to click on "burn to disk" before any sizes are reported. Is this a new behavior? I used to be able to see the remainder of space and get a warning if dropping too much.

:)

BeemerBiker, Aug 26, 2019

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 26, 2019
  3. GYX
    gYx Win User
    DVD burner failed to burn single 700mb file

Burner is a LiteOn SOHW-1613S, media is Princo 4x DVD+RW, buring speed set to 4x

several very large single files in .exe format (300-700mb) were burnt to the DVD

however DVD burner fail to read these files after burning

4. kristain Win User

Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.

How to burn AVI files to DVD

1. Load a blank DVD media into your DVD burner.
    2. Open Super DVD Creator 9.8 program.
    3. Click on DVD Disc Builder icon.
    4. Add the AVI files that you want to burn by clicking on the “+” button. You can add as many files as you want as long as it will not exceed the maximum capacity of your blank disc. If you wish to use a double layer disc (DVD-9) click on the “DVD-5” button to toggle between DVD-5 and DVD-9 media.
    5. After adding the files click on the next button to continue to the next step which is customizing the DVD menu. If you want to skip on creating a DVD menu, simply uncheck the “Create DVD Menu” option to proceed to the burning process.
    6. Customizing the menu. To customize the menu select "How to create a custom DVD".
    7. After configuring all the desired settings click on the “Next” button at the bottom right of the program to proceed with the burning process.
    8. When burning is complete, close the program and see if burning was successful.

kristain, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned.

1. Drag and drop of files to dvd burner does not show capacity until they are burned. - Similar Threads - Drag drop files

2. I can't drag and drop files to burn a CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't drag and drop files to burn a CD: I've never had an issue with this before, but when I try to drag and drop the file to the burn list nothing happens. There's no red circle or greyed out file like I've read some other articles discribing, just nothing happens. Is there a way I can create the burn list without...
  3. I can't drag and drop files to burn a CD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't drag and drop files to burn a CD: I've never had an issue with this before, but when I try to drag and drop the file to the burn list nothing happens. There's no red circle or greyed out file like I've read some other articles discribing, just nothing happens. Is there a way I can create the burn list without...
  4. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  5. my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my cd/dvd burner is not burning disks: I was using my cd/dvd burner yesterday and it worked perfectly. I went to use the cd/dvd burner today and all it would do is act like it was only reading the disk and the disk is empty nothing is on it what can I do to solve this problem any help would be greatly appreciated...
  6. DVD burner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD burner: I have taken videos of family on my go pro, and have purchased windows 10 and office 365 (which you now have to pay for annually) on a new Lenovo laptop and I have no DVD burner soft wear. Are we getting ripped off or what?...
  7. DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10

DVD Burner Won't Burn Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 8300 running Windows 10 64 bit Home Edition. The problem I have originally ocurred when my computer was running windows 7. I upgraded to windows 10 hoping that would fix the problem ,but it did not. I have two DVD drives on the computer the original that...
  8. Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will the win10 DVD burner accessed in File Explorer burn flash drives?: I'm attempting to use the File Explorer burn feature to burn an iso file on a flash drive. See Burn Disc Image from ISO or IMG file in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials for info on this approach. A screen appears, saying " A disk burner wasn't found. I think this means the...
  9. Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10

Dvd burner will not burn in windows 10: Hi guys this problem is totally annoying me. My laptops cd/dvd burner will not burn blank cd or even read them. I have tried updated drivers from device manger & even uninstalling and reinstalling. Im at a loss. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Beth *Smile 59656
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....