Windows 10: Drag and drop or click-and-hold acting odd.

Discus and support Drag and drop or click-and-hold acting odd. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I recently got a Windows 10 PC from work and am having trouble with dragging and dropping (ie: moving windows around on the screen, moving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marlowesmom, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Drag and drop or click-and-hold acting odd.

Hey all, I recently got a Windows 10 PC from work and am having trouble with dragging and dropping (ie: moving windows around on the screen, moving icons on the desktop, highlighting text etc). It does work, however only to an extreme, if I want to move a window I need to drag it -really- far and then when it catches up, I can finally move it to where I want it. It’s almost as if it simply won’t register small movements when I’m click-and-holding something.

Is there a setting to change this? I’ve tried multiple mice and restarting and it’s all the same. Thank you! (Edit: looks like I can highlight text with a mouse but not with a tablet pen. Issues with moving windows still persists with either.)

submitted by /u/marlowesmom
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marlowesmom, Nov 9, 2020

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Win User
    drag and drop

I suggest to look at this site:

Drag and Drop not Working Fix

Regards,

4. Drag and drop or click-and-hold acting odd.

Surface Book Touchpad - Drag & Drop not working in Outlook 2016

Hi Rainer,

Allow me to assist you.

A quick question before we proceed.

What happens when you try to drag and drop attachments in Outlook 2016?

Let’s start Outlook in Safe Mode following steps mentioned below, then try drag and drop an attachment
    and verify the result.

* Hold Windows key + R.

* Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press
    Enter

Outlook /safe

Note: There is a space between Outlook and ‘/’.

If Outlook works as expected in safe mode, disable the add-ins by following steps mentioned below and determine the problem causing add-in.

a) Click on File menu, click Options, Add-ins, Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

b) Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox.

c) Close the Office program and restart it.

d) Enable each add-in one at a time, restart the Outlook, and repeat the above procedure. If the issue reappears again, it will help you to determine which add-in is causing this issue.

Hope it helps fix the drag and drop. Try the suggestion and let us know the result at your earliest convenience.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Drag and drop or click-and-hold acting odd.

1. Drag and drop or click-and-hold acting odd. - Similar Threads - Drag drop click

2. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  3. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse acting odd: I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 Wireless. Recently it has been acting oddly, and I want to know if it is an issue with the mouse, or an issue with my computer.Every time I try to drag/hold left click, it will only hold/drag for about half a second. When I right click and drag,...
  4. Mouse acting odd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes: Hello,I've been having this weird problem with the touchpad of my new HP Envy Windows 10 system. My ability to click-and-drag stops working temporarily, and then begins working again. For example, if I want to highlight multiple cells in an Excel spreadsheet, or if I want to...
  6. Drag and drop settings for touchpad: drop only on click lift

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop settings for touchpad: drop only on click lift: Hi, I noticed that when I drag and drop on my touchpad (xps 15) it drops the content once I lift my dragging finger. However, I want to set windows up to drop only when I lift the clicking finger. How can I do that? I tried all the settings but couldn't find anything. Thanks!...
  7. Odd click behavior - Can't click and drag

Odd click behavior - Can't click and drag: Hello, everyone. For the past few weeks, I've been having a very strange click behavior in my Windows 10 laptop. I lost the ability to click and drag tabs from Chrome into a separate window, and now I've noticed I can't do that either with the icons in my taskbar. First I...
  8. Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...

Windows 10 mouse lag when dragging (Holding left click, dragging icons and clicking on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kein_Humor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g190gy/windows_10_mouse_lag_when_dragging_holding_left/
  9. Internet acting odd

Internet acting odd: Hello all. My PC (Windows 10 64) has been running slow lately, and today it has gotten considerably worse. I am connected to my home WiFi and get an okay speed. Apps like discord and Spotify are stuck on loading, and same for many websites. Spotify gives me a “app not allowed...
  10. taskbar acting oddly

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar acting oddly: Up unitl 3 days ago my pc was fine, now whenever i press the taskbar icons it just does nothing, but 10 seconds later the icon then comes up. My pc was doing it on Friday, fine all day yesterday, yet today the same thing. The language icon in the taskbar always works, yet...