Windows 10: drag and drop pages in OneNote

Discus and support drag and drop pages in OneNote in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I lost the ability to drag and drop pages in 2 sections of a notebook in OneNote for Win 10. I can drag a page, but it won't drop where I want it - it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tenacityplus, Oct 15, 2020.

1. drag and drop pages in OneNote

I lost the ability to drag and drop pages in 2 sections of a notebook in OneNote for Win 10. I can drag a page, but it won't drop where I want it - it just goes back to the same spot it was in. I can see that the drop isn't going to work, as the other pages don't shift like they normally do when you are positioning a page to drop it.

Tried a repair, didn't help. Uninstalled the app, restarted computer, reinstalled the app. After reinstall it worked for a few drag and drops, then stopped working again. Cutting and pasting didn't work either. The page would just go back to where it was. Once, when I tried to cut and paste the pages into the right positions, the pages were deleted.

I tried booting into safe mode to test, but the app doesn’t open in safe mode.

I tried moving pages to a new section, thinking the section was corrupted somehow, but the first few drag and drops would work, then stops.

The pages move just fine in OneNote on my phone android.

This is so frustrating, because the standard sorts alphabetical, date modified, date created aren't sorting exactly the way I want them to, as the pages' name format is 'year month - eg. 2020 Sept'.

I'm on Version 16001.13127.20190.0. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

tenacityplus, Oct 15, 2020

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Oct 15, 2020
  3. RFreund Win User
    Onenote in Windows 10 - Drag and Drop - Copy Paste

Onenote app for windows 10 does not allow for drag/drop or copy/paste of files??

RFreund, Oct 15, 2020
  4. drag and drop pages in OneNote

Not possible to drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer to the OneNote app?

I was used to drag and drop files from Windows Explorer into OneNote 2016.

This does not seem to work with the OneNote app. The "insert file/pictures" options work okay, but it is less intuitive than drag and drop.

Is this a bug?

Chrisvan Ravenswaaij, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

drag and drop pages in OneNote

1. drag and drop pages in OneNote - Similar Threads - drag drop pages

2. Drag and drop not always drop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop not always drop.: I have been using windows 11 since the release, and this issue has been bugging me. I can drag files no problem and drop them. But sometimes I can try drag a file into a new one and when I release it , it does not drop, it sticks to the pointer and just stays there until I...
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  5. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop: How do I drag a program from the Start Menu to the Desktop in Windows 10? The last answer to that question here is 6 years old, and doesn't work, plus, someone said that by 2016 the drag and drop feature had been restored--- but it doesn't work for me. Help....
  6. Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop: When I drag & drop from ay laptop "File Folder" to an external HD, is the information in File Folder lost? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop/10536d09-d925-4c59-95f2-f7f9e92c8499
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  10. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...