Windows 10: Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10

Discus and support Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a series of pinned excel documents on the taskbar. On windows 7 I could drag and drop those pinned files to other folder locations(ie. E-mail,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaCamacho, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10

I have a series of pinned excel documents on the taskbar. On windows 7 I could drag and drop those pinned files to other folder locations(ie. E-mail, windows explorer, or the desktop). I noticed when I upgraded to Windows 10 there is no longer drag and drop functionality to pinned documents.

Is there a setting to turn this feature on?
    Is there a workaround?

Will this be addressed in a future update?

I hope I articulated myself well and I welcome any feedback,
    Thank you,

Joshua

:)

JoshuaCamacho, Dec 4, 2018

2. Sorting items pinned to the task bar

In Windows 7, I could drag items to an icon pinned to the task bar to pin additional items (e.g. I could drag miscellaneous Excel files to the Excel icon pinned to the task bar, right click on the Excel icon and select the file I want to open as a quick
    link without cluttering up my desktop). In Windows 7, I was able to drag / drop those pinned items to sort them in a specific order (e.g. alphabetical). I seem to have lost the ability to sort those items in Windows 10. Is there a trick to it or is this
    a bug with Windows 10?

Gary Alford (Gary.Alford), Dec 4, 2018
  3. Mikky_888 Win User
    how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10

No Windows 10 drag and drop feature to email from task bar

One of the most convenient features of Windows 8.1 was the drag and drop feature directly from the task bar. For instance, I could right-click the Microsoft Word icon, or any office software, pinned to my task bar, and could select from any recent file.
    I could then click on the file name and drag the file directly from the recent file list into my gmail. This was very convenient way to add an attachment because I didn't have to open the file explorer, then search for my file, then drag and drop it from the
    saved location or folder.

Unfortunately I cannot do the same thing after I upgraded to Windows 10 software. Is there some way to troubleshoot this? Or will this not be a feature of this current version?

Any help would be great,

WhitneyIngram, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10

1. Drag and drop pinned items from the task bar - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Drag drop pinned

2. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items: I know this question has been asked about general task bar pinned item name changes, however I was hoping that someone would be able to advise how I change the information that is remembered and pinned.IE if i right click the RDP icon, it produces a list of recently accessed...
  3. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items: I know this question has been asked about general task bar pinned item name changes, however I was hoping that someone would be able to advise how I change the information that is remembered and pinned.IE if i right click the RDP icon, it produces a list of recently accessed...
  4. Changing Labels on Task Bar Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar: Currently in windows 11 we can't drag and drop files or folders into task bar please add a fix for this we can do this with an extra application from store but it's not a convenient way in windows 10 it was very easy but in windows 11 it's worst please add a fix on this...
  6. Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 drag and drop feature in task bar: Currently in windows 11 we can't drag and drop files or folders into task bar please add a fix for this we can do this with an extra application from store but it's not a convenient way in windows 10 it was very easy but in windows 11 it's worst please add a fix on this...
  7. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  8. Pin from task bar to desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin from task bar to desktop?: I had google chrome on pc (account 1) It appears on taskbar so I pinned it for convenience However, it doesn’t appear on the desktop(apps and all) the chrome on desktop is account 2 I want to pin account 1 google to desktop from taskbar TLDR, 2 chromes at the bottom, both...
  9. Task bar disappeared with all pinned items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar disappeared with all pinned items: I am working now from home and I worked to pin several things to the task bar. Somehow that all disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-disappeared-with-all-pinned-items/7a09b3f2-d068-430b-8ff9-34b0af456da0
  10. Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Items not showing on desktop when dragging and dropping: If I drag and drop an item to the desktop as the last item (see the attached pictures for an example of what I mean) it will not show up on the desktop, I don't even get that little white line showing where the item is going to be placed and regardless of what I do I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drag and drop taskbar

2. drag and drop for task in windows

3. task bar drag and drop windows 10

4. in windows 10 how to drag from pinned items to email