Windows 10: Drag and drop shell extension

Discus and support Drag and drop shell extension in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everybody, does anybody know how to remove the "create shortcuts here" context-entry when dragging-dropping files with right mouse button?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcomarsella, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Drag and drop shell extension

Hello everybody,
    does anybody know how to remove the "create shortcuts here" context-entry
    when dragging-dropping files with right mouse button?

Thanks, Marco

:)

marcomarsella, Nov 27, 2015

2. Problems with Windows 10 Pro

This is the list of the third part right click extensions obtained running shexview:

Extension Name
    Disabled
    Type
    Description
    Version
    Product Name
    Company

AcContextMenuHandler
    No
    Context Menu
    AutoCAD Dwg common shell extension handler
    AutoCAD
    Autodesk

BUContextMenu Class
    No
    Context Menu
    Backup Shell
    Backup
    Symantec Corporation

IEContextMenu Class
    No
    Context Menu
    Norton Security Shell Extension Module
    Norton Security
    Symantec Corporation

NvAppShExt Class
    No
    Context Menu
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Corporation

NVIDIA CPL Context Menu Extension
    No
    Context Menu
    NVIDIA Display Shell Extension
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGLShExt Class
    No
    Context Menu
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Shell Extensions
    NVIDIA Corporation

TheDeskTopContextMenu Class
    No
    Context Menu
    igfxDTCM Module
    Intel(R) Common User Interface
    Intel Corporation

GianfrancoDian MS, Nov 27, 2015
  3. File names change when dragging and dropping out of recycle bin, how do I restore the original file names?

Having recently done programming work developing a shell extension on Windows 10, I can tell you that this is how the recycle in behaves, it is not something weird about the OPs machine.

I think the clue is in the mention of TeraCopy. But, if you want to reproduce it using only Microsoft code then here is a way:

1. Delete a file (i.e. cause it to be moved to the recycle bin.

2. Open a zip file using the windows explorer. I.e. using the "Compressed Folder Tools" shell extension.

3. Drag the deleted file from the Recycle Bin to the still open Zip folder.

4. Observe the strange "$Rxxxxxx" filename now given to the file in the zip folder.

The explanation seems to be that Windows assigns a temporary name to the file inside the Recycle Bin meta folder. If you restore this file or drag it to a shell folder then some undocumented magic happens behind the scene to restore the original filename.
    In some cases (e.g. the Zip tool) this magic trick has been overlooked.

It is also overlooked in all third party tools (including my own shell extension), probably because this behaviour seems to be undocumented. In fact I tripped over this thread while looking for some documentation.

Donald Milne (DMilne), Nov 27, 2015
Thema:

Drag and drop shell extension

1. Drag and drop shell extension - Similar Threads - Drag drop shell

2. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  3. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and drop: Why i Can't use drag and drop in windows 11?? It is so annoying, i think i have to go back to windows 10.For development work it is really bad for user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/85e7b545-2642-4278-b569-418ba70cc539
  4. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop: How do I drag a program from the Start Menu to the Desktop in Windows 10? The last answer to that question here is 6 years old, and doesn't work, plus, someone said that by 2016 the drag and drop feature had been restored--- but it doesn't work for me. Help....
  5. Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop: When I drag & drop from ay laptop "File Folder" to an external HD, is the information in File Folder lost? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-drop/10536d09-d925-4c59-95f2-f7f9e92c8499
  6. shell extension for Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    shell extension for Explorer: Does Windows Explorer have some shell extension available which adds a function to File Properties that would display the "Comments" field for PSD image files in Windows 10? I am able to see this field in Windows 7 If so, how can I access this capability and install it?...
  7. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drag and Drop: I use drag and drop to transfer data onto my network computers, but since the latest update 1903 (18362.449) drag and drop won't work. I re-imaged back a couple of months and drag and drop works ok so the fault is with the latest update. Please advise. Deric...
  8. Drag and Drop

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and Drop: When did the ability to drag and drop from the taskbar to the desktop end? 122324
  9. drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    drag and drop: How do I fix the drag and drop function on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop/4f64f2ff-0a7d-45c6-9c26-fc131a8fd7b6
  10. Drag and drop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop: Hi. I have dell inspiron with windows 10. . I used to be able to drag and drop using the left click on the touch pad, but now its not working. I can do shift and use the arrows to mark the text to copy, and then move it copy etc. but in many cases I just need to left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows shell extensions install by dragging

2. shellextention

3. shellextention drag drop