Windows 10: Drag and Drop stopped working, after disabling Quick Access

Discus and support Drag and Drop stopped working, after disabling Quick Access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is the only way to drag and drop is to keep the annoying quick access enabled? 175212 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ShelleyPonder, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Drag and Drop stopped working, after disabling Quick Access

Is the only way to drag and drop is to keep the annoying quick access enabled?

:)

ShelleyPonder, Mar 2, 2021
  2. TinoArts Win User

Drag and drop stops working at random

Drag and drop functionality stops working at random. Sometimes it works for a whole day, sometimes it stops working after an hour of PC usage. I can't drag any file in explorer, nor in my desktop. And drag and drop functionality stops working in some apps
    as well (including Photoshop and Illustrator, which is a killer since I work as a designer).

So far I haven't found any other solution than a full restart.

I have tried the following:

1. Restarting, killing the explorer.exe process
    2. Disabling any process/service that might have something to do with it
    3. pressing the ESC key (I found this solution online, it worked for many)
    4. killing the Synergy process (worked for many as well, but I don't have Synergy even installed)
    5. Editing the EnableLUA registry (worked for many as well)
    It is really time-consuming when I have to restart the machine, with many huge work-in-progress documents, Chrome tabs and programs opened.

Do anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you very much.

TinoArts, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Quick Access not working

On my Windows 10 machine Quick Access has suddenly stopped working. All the folders which were in in it have disappeared, and I am unable to pin folders to it. Neither right-clicking and selecting "Pin to Quick access" or dragging-and-dropping folders to
    QA work. I do not receive any error message when I attempt this.

I have deleted the contents of Recent items, AutomaticDestinations, and CustomDestinations as per suggestions elsewhere then restarted the PC but this has unfortunately not resolved the issue.

MikeGrant65, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Drag and Drop stopped working, after disabling Quick Access

Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Drag and Drop stopped working, after disabling Quick Access

1. Drag and Drop stopped working, after disabling Quick Access - Similar Threads - Drag Drop stopped

2. Disable Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Drag & Drop: Hi,I want to disable the Drag 'n' Drop feature in Windows Server 2019, which seems the option in gpedit.msc is not available for Win Server 2019Also, I tried the registry option I found on the Internet but not working either, please advise...
  3. Disable Drag & Drop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Drag & Drop: Hi,I want to disable the Drag 'n' Drop feature in Windows Server 2019, which seems the option in gpedit.msc is not available for Win Server 2019Also, I tried the registry option I found on the Internet but not working either, please advise...
  4. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  5. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  6. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes: Hello,I've been having this weird problem with the touchpad of my new HP Envy Windows 10 system. My ability to click-and-drag stops working temporarily, and then begins working again. For example, if I want to highlight multiple cells in an Excel spreadsheet, or if I want to...
  8. Drag and Drop partially stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and Drop partially stops working: This has been going on for a little while now and I can't seem to figure it out, but my drag and drop appears to stop working, but only in certain ways, and requires reboot to fix. The computer works normally when freshly started At some point with no noticeable trigger,...
  9. Drag and drop stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop stops working randomly: Im on the latest version of Windows 10 and this has been happening for a long time now where randomly the drag and drop of files stops working. The only way I can get it to work again is to restart the computer. I've tried sfc /scannow, restarting explorer.exe, and a few...
  10. drag and drop stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drag and drop stopped working: drag and drop suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-stopped-working/b73e4938-ca25-420d-a822-f9025fd39090"