Windows 10: Drag and Drop Stopped Working on my Windows 10 Email App

Discus and support Drag and Drop Stopped Working on my Windows 10 Email App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, so drag and drop is not working anymore in Windows 10 Email since my last update 1909 18363.1082. What the heck?? What kind of temp is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YanFagundes, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Drag and Drop Stopped Working on my Windows 10 Email App

Hey there, so drag and drop is not working anymore in Windows 10 Email since my last update 1909 18363.1082. What the heck?? What kind of temp is Microsoft putting in charge of writing code for Windows? Is there a sensible reason for drag and drop not to work, or is it really a bug? It is very annoying to have to manually attach stuff to the email.

:)

YanFagundes, Sep 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 Drag and Drop Stopped working

Drag and dropped stopped working when within an application and dragging out of an application to another. It still works when dragging into and application from MS Explorer.

The only error message I have seen is with Office 2013. When I try and drag and drop and email to another folder I get the message "Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct".

This happens with all applications.

Has anyone else seen this problem in Windows 10 Pro Build 10586?

BruceRosen, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Jevgenijs Win User

Drag and Drop Stopped Working on my Windows 10 Email App

After upgrading to Windows 10, drag and drop attachments in any browser email stopped working

After upgrading to Windows 10, drag and drop attachments in any browser email stopped working. Any solution?

Jevgenijs, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Drag and Drop Stopped Working on my Windows 10 Email App

1. Drag and Drop Stopped Working on my Windows 10 Email App - Similar Threads - Drag Drop Stopped

2. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  3. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  4. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes: Hello,I've been having this weird problem with the touchpad of my new HP Envy Windows 10 system. My ability to click-and-drag stops working temporarily, and then begins working again. For example, if I want to highlight multiple cells in an Excel spreadsheet, or if I want to...
  6. Drag and Drop partially stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and Drop partially stops working: This has been going on for a little while now and I can't seem to figure it out, but my drag and drop appears to stop working, but only in certain ways, and requires reboot to fix. The computer works normally when freshly started At some point with no noticeable trigger,...
  7. Drag and Drop to Windows Taskbar App No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and Drop to Windows Taskbar App No Longer Working: I have always been able to drag one or more files from a folder to an open minimized App on the Windows 10 taskbar and have that App open up so that I can drop the files on there and open the files in that App. Lately, this has stopped working. I'm guessing some Windows...
  8. Drag and drop stops working randomly

Drag and drop stops working randomly: Im on the latest version of Windows 10 and this has been happening for a long time now where randomly the drag and drop of files stops working. The only way I can get it to work again is to restart the computer. I've tried sfc /scannow, restarting explorer.exe, and a few...
  9. Drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop not working: Can somebody help me how to fix drag and drop cuz i'm having some difficulties trying to fix it submitted by /u/tinki_vinkiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08xv2/drag_and_drop_not_working/
  10. drag and drop stopped working

drag and drop stopped working: drag and drop suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-stopped-working/b73e4938-ca25-420d-a822-f9025fd39090"