Windows 10: drag and drop stopped working

Discus and support drag and drop stopped working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; drag and drop suddenly stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MattRessBF, Feb 6, 2019.

1. drag and drop stopped working

drag and drop suddenly stopped working.

:)

MattRessBF, Feb 6, 2019
  2. TinoArts Win User

Drag and drop stops working at random

Drag and drop functionality stops working at random. Sometimes it works for a whole day, sometimes it stops working after an hour of PC usage. I can't drag any file in explorer, nor in my desktop. And drag and drop functionality stops working in some apps
    as well (including Photoshop and Illustrator, which is a killer since I work as a designer).

So far I haven't found any other solution than a full restart.

I have tried the following:

1. Restarting, killing the explorer.exe process
    2. Disabling any process/service that might have something to do with it
    3. pressing the ESC key (I found this solution online, it worked for many)
    4. killing the Synergy process (worked for many as well, but I don't have Synergy even installed)
    5. Editing the EnableLUA registry (worked for many as well)
    It is really time-consuming when I have to restart the machine, with many huge work-in-progress documents, Chrome tabs and programs opened.

Do anyone know what the issue might be?

Thank you very much.

TinoArts, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Win User
  4. drag and drop stopped working

Windows 10 Drag and Drop Stopped working

Drag and dropped stopped working when within an application and dragging out of an application to another. It still works when dragging into and application from MS Explorer.

The only error message I have seen is with Office 2013. When I try and drag and drop and email to another folder I get the message "Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct".

This happens with all applications.

Has anyone else seen this problem in Windows 10 Pro Build 10586?

BruceRosen, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

drag and drop stopped working

1. drag and drop stopped working - Similar Threads - drag drop stopped

2. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  3. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Stops Working: I am running windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086 Computer specs belowAny time I boot up my computer, the drag and drop works like normal for a while. However, when I leave my computer idling for a period of time uninterrupted screen on and everything, and/or when...
  4. Drag and Drop Stops Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Drag and drop not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag and drop not working properly: Hello,I've just noticed that I can't drag and drop properly; IE: Right click and hold on a file or folder, then drag to destination; release right button and context menu will come up, then select. What I'm getting is a red circle with a red slash through it if I try to drag...
  6. Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drag and drop/click and drag stops working temporarily sometimes: Hello,I've been having this weird problem with the touchpad of my new HP Envy Windows 10 system. My ability to click-and-drag stops working temporarily, and then begins working again. For example, if I want to highlight multiple cells in an Excel spreadsheet, or if I want to...
  7. Drag and Drop partially stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and Drop partially stops working: This has been going on for a little while now and I can't seem to figure it out, but my drag and drop appears to stop working, but only in certain ways, and requires reboot to fix. The computer works normally when freshly started At some point with no noticeable trigger,...
  8. Drag and drop stops working randomly

Drag and drop stops working randomly: Im on the latest version of Windows 10 and this has been happening for a long time now where randomly the drag and drop of files stops working. The only way I can get it to work again is to restart the computer. I've tried sfc /scannow, restarting explorer.exe, and a few...
  9. Drag and drop not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and drop not working: Can somebody help me how to fix drag and drop cuz i'm having some difficulties trying to fix it submitted by /u/tinki_vinkiii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j08xv2/drag_and_drop_not_working/
  10. drag and drop does not work

drag and drop does not work: drag and drop does not work why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-does-not-work/57c0cb22-5019-4867-8a78-2d9a4d5d05e4"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 drag and drop stops working